MacOS Sonoma on TRIGKEY Mini PC Ryzen 7 5700U

naweedipad

AMD OS X Member
Hi,

Has anyone been able to install MacOS (preferably Sonoma) on TRIGKEY Mini PC Ryzen 7 5700U. The link to the product is below (along with the specs).
  • TRIGKEY Mini PC Ryzen 7 5700U (8C/16T) up to 4.3GHz
  • 32G DDR4
  • 500G NVMe SSD
  • Supports DP, HDMI, Type-C Triple-screen Display, WiFi-6, BT 5.2, 1000M LAN, Auto Power on, Wake-on-LAN
https://www.amazon.co.uk/TRIGKEY-57...mzn1.fos.d7e5a2de-8759-4da3-993c-d11b6e3d217f

Thanks

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
See here, I have a different CPU but same core count.

naweedipad

AMD OS X Member

Thanks. I will give it a go.

naweedipad

AMD OS X Member

Thanks bro, it helped a lot. I copied your EFI and upgraded it to OC 0.9.9 with the latest versions of Kexts and Drivers, and installed Ventura successfully. Initially, I tried to install Sonoma 14.4 directly, but couldn't get past the boot screen. So, I tried with Ventura installer, and that worked. I will try to update to Sonoma later and hope that it will work. Earlier, I had an Intel i5 and I remember the pain to follow the OC guide and build the EFI from scratch. Your EFI saved me 1-2 days of trouble.

I am attaching my EFI for reference for others' benefit as well.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    30.4 MB · Views: 9

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member

naweedipad

AMD OS X Member
Will have a look.

Meanwhile, the performance is very janky? The screen becomes RED for a while (occasionally) and the system seems to freeze of 3-5 seconds. Any idea about this?

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Will have a look.

Meanwhile, the performance is very janky? The screen becomes RED for a while (occasionally) and the system seems to freeze of 3-5 seconds. Any idea about this?
You are talking about Ventura, right? Does your device sleep and wake successfully?

naweedipad

AMD OS X Member
You are talking about Ventura, right? Does your device sleep and wake successfully?
Yes, Ventura. The wake and sleep seem to be working fine.

I have a feeling that hardware acceleration is not enabled. See the attached images. This is the kind of behavior I get when I use browsers (Chrome or Edge) first time after reboot. This stays like this (with system almost stuck) for half a minute to a minute, and then everything runs smoothly going forward.

However, I did feel that Hardware acceleration is not enabled and when I opened Figma in Chrome, it did tell me the same.

Attachments

• IMG_3828.jpg
    IMG_3828.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_3829.JPG
    IMG_3829.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_3830.JPG
    IMG_3830.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 7

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Yes, Ventura. The wake and sleep seem to be working fine.

I have a feeling that hardware acceleration is not enabled. See the attached images. This is the kind of behavior I get when I use browsers (Chrome or Edge) first time after reboot. This stays like this (with system almost stuck) for half a minute to a minute, and then everything runs smoothly going forward.

However, I did feel that Hardware acceleration is not enabled and when I opened Figma in Chrome, it did tell me the same.
Other users have reported problems with Chrome, that they couldn't run it at all. There is a newer version of NootedRed.kext that might help but if it doesn't don't be to surprised.

naweedipad

AMD OS X Member
Other users have reported problems with Chrome, that they couldn't run it at all. There is a newer version of NootedRed.kext that might help but if it doesn't don't be to surprised.
Already tried the new version of NootedRed and it did not help. So far, I noticed this problem with Chrome and Edge only.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.