macOS Sonoma install on Asus x570 Prime Pro

undeflorate

AMD OS X Member
Hi Guys,

After some days of solving all upcoming issues, finally, i was able to install Sonoma on a dedicated SSD. Sleeping is working but this was the first thing i switched off because the leds of the GPU were flashing around the times of going to sleep. :)

I do not tell you much more success yet, as the most important thing does not work: the internet. I can get IP address, the settings are the same as on Windows. Router can see the updated computer name for the same IP / MAC. In a while i was hoping that i have internet as on PiHole name also refreshed. But the truth is that i cannot ping any sites (for the first EFI sometimes i was able to get response from google within 11.125ms which is bad. After searching on different forums for possible solutions, i tried almost everything to make it work. Unfortunately, the result is the same: i have active ethernet connection with no internet. Even I cannot reach my local network.

Can anybody please help me to figure out what can be wrong? Is there anybody with the same motherboard on Sonoma?

Another things, i have a bluetooth adapter, system recognizes when checking the system information but i am not able to make it work. Also, i have an external sound card via firewire. (Internal is not recognized at all, the only output source seems to be by display) Do anyone has experience with working firewire? I mean, the most important thing is to make the internet work. After then i can progress step-by-step.

Thank you for your suggestions in advance.

undeflorate

AMD OS X Member
It sounds like GPU coil whine which can be very difficult to eliminate although it is supposedly normal.
The sound is different for all applications, but if you say it is completely normal, I would be calmer.

undeflorate

AMD OS X Member
It sounds like GPU coil whine which can be very difficult to eliminate although it is supposedly normal.
Searched for it and setting PP,PP_WorkLoadPolicyMask to 1 solved the issue under Device Properties of my GPU. It is totally silent now. Thank you very much for giving me the name of the problem. :)

One minor thing remaining: my mackintosh forgets the selected timezone very often when booting. It is reset automatically to Cupertino (and display settings follow it). Is there any way to set the region manually? Location services are enabled.

undeflorate

AMD OS X Member
Searched for it and setting PP,PP_WorkLoadPolicyMask to 1 solved the issue under Device Properties of my GPU. It is totally silent now. Thank you very much for giving me the name of the problem. :)

One minor thing remaining: my mackintosh forgets the selected timezone very often when booting. It is reset automatically to Cupertino (and display settings follow it). Is there any way to set the region manually? Location services are enabled.
I realized that I can edit the Closest City field. Now, it works properly. :)

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.