macOS Sonoma install on Asus x570 Prime Pro

undeflorate

AMD OS X Member
Hi Guys,

After some days of solving all upcoming issues, finally, i was able to install Sonoma on a dedicated SSD. Sleeping is working but this was the first thing i switched off because the leds of the GPU were flashing around the times of going to sleep. :)

I do not tell you much more success yet, as the most important thing does not work: the internet. I can get IP address, the settings are the same as on Windows. Router can see the updated computer name for the same IP / MAC. In a while i was hoping that i have internet as on PiHole name also refreshed. But the truth is that i cannot ping any sites (for the first EFI sometimes i was able to get response from google within 11.125ms which is bad. After searching on different forums for possible solutions, i tried almost everything to make it work. Unfortunately, the result is the same: i have active ethernet connection with no internet. Even I cannot reach my local network.

Can anybody please help me to figure out what can be wrong? Is there anybody with the same motherboard on Sonoma?

Another things, i have a bluetooth adapter, system recognizes when checking the system information but i am not able to make it work. Also, i have an external sound card via firewire. (Internal is not recognized at all, the only output source seems to be by display) Do anyone has experience with working firewire? I mean, the most important thing is to make the internet work. After then i can progress step-by-step.

Thank you for your suggestions in advance.

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Hi Guys,

After some days of solving all upcoming issues, finally, i was able to install Sonoma on a dedicated SSD. Sleeping is working but this was the first thing i switched off because the leds of the GPU were flashing around the times of going to sleep. :)

I do not tell you much more success yet, as the most important thing does not work: the internet. I can get IP address, the settings are the same as on Windows. Router can see the updated computer name for the same IP / MAC. In a while i was hoping that i have internet as on PiHole name also refreshed. But the truth is that i cannot ping any sites (for the first EFI sometimes i was able to get response from google within 11.125ms which is bad. After searching on different forums for possible solutions, i tried almost everything to make it work. Unfortunately, the result is the same: i have active ethernet connection with no internet. Even I cannot reach my local network.

Can anybody please help me to figure out what can be wrong? Is there anybody with the same motherboard on Sonoma?

Another things, i have a bluetooth adapter, system recognizes when checking the system information but i am not able to make it work. Also, i have an external sound card via firewire. (Internal is not recognized at all, the only output source seems to be by display) Do anyone has experience with working firewire? I mean, the most important thing is to make the internet work. After then i can progress step-by-step.

Thank you for your suggestions in advance.
Please zip and upload your current EFI for help, removing the serial numbers is recommended.

undeflorate

AMD OS X Member
Here i attach it. Removed the serial numbers, ROM, etc.
Thank you for your quick response.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    7.1 MB · Views: 25

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Your motherboard contains an i211-AT Ethernet controller. So, you are not using the correct kext for this Ethernet controller. You are using IntelMausi.kext, which is for a different family of Intel Ethernet controllers.

You need to replace the IntelMausi.kext with AppleIGB.kext.

GitHub - donatengit/AppleIGB

undeflorate

AMD OS X Member
It turned out that this is the correct, thank you very much for your help.

This is so sad that there are not real working scenarios out of the box. Originally, other kexts were proposed in some year old EFIs. So, i tried to mix all the suggestions into one EFI. Started to leave them out one-by-one, and now, AppleIGB works - as you suggested. :)

The only drawback that maybe it is not on full speed now. It was fix 500/22 but had to change some other configurations (audio, GPU, etc) and now it seems to be only 100/22. I will double check it. Do you have any idea until i come back with the results?

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
You only other realistic option is to disable the built-in Ethernet card (in the BIOS) and install a PCIe add-on card with a 1GB or 2.5GB Ethernet port.

I use 6 of these Realtek 2.5GB Ethernet PCIe cards in my hacks, Intel and AMD, along with 2 x AMD systems with built-in 2.5GBE cards. The PCIe cards were bought from Amazon.co.uk for around £20 or less, depending on the discount offered at the time of purchase.

They all work perfectly well in macOS using LucyRTL8125Ethernet.kext.

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator

undeflorate

AMD OS X Member
Thanks for all of your suggestions. I have a USB-C to ethernet adapter and also have an USB WiFi adapter. Before i did anything with any of these devices i checked the speed in Windows. It was also limited to 100. Disabled, tried to changed the speed to gigabit, the result was that i had no connection in Windows. Just removed the cable from the PC and plugged it back, turned back the speed detection to auto and it worked again. After a reboot it worked fine in Hackintosh as well. Currently, i have no issues with it. I have plugged hundreds of cables previously with no errors, probably it was not connecting properly. Win said it is a telephone cable. :)

Rigth now, i have only one remaining issue (before publishing in success stories) is the bluetooth. I searched for so many forums, i have the right order of the kexts in kernel: everything can see the adapter (although, in system settings discoverable is off), can connect for a moment but later iphone says device is not supported. My android phone can connect and stays connected on Hack, although, the icon on phone does not change and i am not able to send anything. Adapter has a broadcom chip.

This is not the worst problem of the world but in longer time, it could be nice to synch my phone to the hack PC.

undeflorate

AMD OS X Member
Below you can see the details of the bluetooth dongle.
1705556831134.png

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Thanks for all of your suggestions. I have a USB-C to ethernet adapter and also have an USB WiFi adapter. Before i did anything with any of these devices i checked the speed in Windows. It was also limited to 100. Disabled, tried to changed the speed to gigabit, the result was that i had no connection in Windows. Just removed the cable from the PC and plugged it back, turned back the speed detection to auto and it worked again. After a reboot it worked fine in Hackintosh as well. Currently, i have no issues with it. I have plugged hundreds of cables previously with no errors, probably it was not connecting properly. Win said it is a telephone cable. :)

Rigth now, i have only one remaining issue (before publishing in success stories) is the bluetooth. I searched for so many forums, i have the right order of the kexts in kernel: everything can see the adapter (although, in system settings discoverable is off), can connect for a moment but later iphone says device is not supported. My android phone can connect and stays connected on Hack, although, the icon on phone does not change and i am not able to send anything. Adapter has a broadcom chip.

This is not the worst problem of the world but in longer time, it could be nice to synch my phone to the hack PC.

Hello, I was reading through your posts and do not see what type of bluetooth card you are using.

Last edited:

undeflorate

AMD OS X Member
Checked it, it is a TP-Link Bluetooth Nano Adapter 4.0 USB, UB400. Datasheet can be found here.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
This USB dongle has a Cambridge Silicon Radio (CSR8510 A10) chipset, so will be problematic in recent releases of macOS. If it works at all in Monterey or newer macOS releases. I am sure the last time I was able to use a CSR Bluetooth dongle was with macOS Catalina.

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Checked it, it is a TP-Link Bluetooth Nano Adapter 4.0 USB, UB400. Datasheet can be found here.
Okay, it's natively recognized in Windows but not designed for OSX. The only posts I found using that adapter, where they got it working, stated you have to add BlueToolFix.kext which is not included in the kexts of your EFI. Others said they tried that but were unsuccessful so who knows.

undeflorate

AMD OS X Member
This USB dongle has a Cambridge Silicon Radio (CSR8510 A10) chipset, so will be problematic in recent releases of macOS. If it works at all in Monterey or newer macOS releases. I am sure the last time I was able to use a CSR Bluetooth dongle was with macOS Catalina.
So, that's why it is not working properly.
Okay, it's natively recognized in Windows but not designed for OSX. The only posts I found using that adapter, where they got it working, stated you have to add BlueToolFix.kext which is not included in the kexts of your EFI. Others said they tried that but were unsuccessful so who knows.

The uploaded EFI is not the latest version for me. Currently, i have BlueToolFix, Firmware and BTRAM3 as well. Now, i can see that there is bluetooth but it is not able to work. Probably, would be weeks if hacking to make it work somehow.

Do you know which dongles are the best? I know it should be BroadCom, am i right?

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
So, that's why it is not working properly.

The uploaded EFI is not the latest version for me. Currently, i have BlueToolFix, Firmware and BTRAM3 as well. Now, i can see that there is bluetooth but it is not able to work. Probably, would be weeks if hacking to make it work somehow.

Do you know which dongles are the best? I know it should be BroadCom, am i right?
Since you aren't going to use it for wireless Broadcom bluetooth based dongles should be fine if you can find one. You have enough PCIe slots have you considered an intel based PCIe card that will handle both wireless and bluetooth for you? One example below but there are several other similar, if not the same, options.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08VWRW7X7?ref=emc_s_m_5_i_n

undeflorate

AMD OS X Member
Since you aren't going to use it for wireless Broadcom bluetooth based dongles should be fine if you can find one. You have enough PCIe slots have you considered an intel based PCIe card that will handle both wireless and bluetooth for you? One example below but there are several other similar, if not the same, options.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08VWRW7X7?ref=emc_s_m_5_i_n
Unfortunately, i do not have any free PCIE slots on the motherboard. Technically, i have 2 2x1 slots available but coverd by the GPU. :D I have different ssd-s placed to those and a firewire card as well. So, i would go for the USB dongle solution. Tried to search for some dongles but most manufactors do not tell anything about the chipset.

Airdrop is also not so important for me but in case i wish to use it, do i really need wifi adapter as well? Originally, the devices should connect to the same network, does it matter if one of them is connected via LAN?

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Unfortunately, i do not have any free PCIE slots on the motherboard. Technically, i have 2 2x1 slots available but coverd by the GPU. :D I have different ssd-s placed to those and a firewire card as well. So, i would go for the USB dongle solution. Tried to search for some dongles but most manufactors do not tell anything about the chipset.

Airdrop is also not so important for me but in case i wish to use it, do i really need wifi adapter as well? Originally, the devices should connect to the same network, does it matter if one of them is connected via LAN?
Airdrop is a Continuity feature that is only supported by a natively recognized wifi/bluetooth adapter like the PCIe Fenvi T1919.

Last edited:

undeflorate

AMD OS X Member
Airdrop is a Continuity feature that is only supported by a natively recognized wifi/bluetooth adapter like the PCIe Fenvi T1919.
Thank you, got it. So the other solution is to get an additional wifi stick or a combined wifi and bluetooth one.

I have still an issue which makes me a bit worry: when I scroll in a window or something is loading I can heard a kind of weird noise from the GPU. Fans are spinning normally, temperature is under 40 degrees Celsius, so it should not be any issue. I remember that sometimes I also heart this noise in Windows but probably a driver update solved it. Can it be something about drivers or lacking of undervolting?

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Thank you, got it. So the other solution is to get an additional wifi stick or a combined wifi and bluetooth one.

I have still an issue which makes me a bit worry: when I scroll in a window or something is loading I can heard a kind of weird noise from the GPU. Fans are spinning normally, temperature is under 40 degrees Celsius, so it should not be any issue. I remember that sometimes I also heart this noise in Windows but probably a driver update solved it. Can it be something about drivers or lacking of undervolting?
It sounds like GPU coil whine which can be very difficult to eliminate although it is supposedly normal.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.