Mac OS Not on OpenCore Boot Menu

A1phaLight

AMD OS X Member
System: Ryzen 5 3600XT, X570 Aorus Elite WiFi, Gigabyte Nvidia RTX 2060 Super Gaming O.C. (Rev. 2.0), 16gb G.Skill, 2 HDDs
Trying to Install Catalina 10.15.6
Hello
I have made my boot flash drive following this video, but when I choose to boot from the flash drive, Catalina isn't on the OpenCore boot list. Here is a video of what it does. Please Help

Last edited:

Peepbird

AMD OS X Member
One step further then. I would copy/paste your first build to the mac and build the dortania one from the bottom up. ACPI issues looks like a usbx-issue, since that is the only file supposed to be in that folder (according to my setup at least, and we’re close).

A1phaLight

AMD OS X Member
Thank You so much for helping me! But I don't understand what i need to do

Peepbird

AMD OS X Member
Thank You so much for helping me! But I don't understand what i need to do

Ah, okay. My suggestion is this:

1. copy all of the contents from your install usb, make a folder in your computer and paste the contents there.
2. follow this guide: https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/ - it requires you to format your drive and start all over. You might have kexts from your former build that you want to use, but download links there are fine. I have an issue with the bootloader, but it's most likely my old graphics card bugging it.

Peepbird

AMD OS X Member
No worries. I'd still do what I suggested above, since the dortania guide gives you the latest OpenCore build.

A1phaLight

AMD OS X Member
I'm just about finished, but my kexts aren't showing up in my config.plist. Im using proper tree, and tried OC Clean Snapshot several times.

A1phaLight

AMD OS X Member
No worries. I'd still do what I suggested above, since the dortania guide gives you the latest OpenCore build.
I rebuilt my usb following the dortania guide, and everything seems like its right in the usb. But when i try to boot it up, im getting ACPI errors. I have a picture of the errors im getting and of whats in my ACPI folder.

Attachments

• IMG_2944.jpeg
    IMG_2944.jpeg
    8.5 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_2943.jpeg
    IMG_2943.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 8

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Development of WebDrivers was stopped before RTX cards were released (GTX 16xx cards are also not supported as far as I know).

Hbg1968

AMD OS X Member
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.