Mac OS install on AMD Ryzen (VMWare) Opencore - Improved Performance - Works with Sequoia / Sonoma / etc

codehubhq

AMD OS X Member
I've found a solution to slow upload internet in the vm

Run the below command in macOS guests to turn off TSO

sudo sysctl -w net.inet.tcp.tso=0

To have any sysctl setting stick between restarts:

create a file /etc/sysctl.conf and add a below entry
net.inet.tcp.tso=0

tucano2000

AMD OS X Member
I've found a solution to slow upload internet in the vm

Run the below command in macOS guests to turn off TSO

sudo sysctl -w net.inet.tcp.tso=0

To have any sysctl setting stick between restarts:

create a file /etc/sysctl.conf and add a below entry
net.inet.tcp.tso=0

yes, great. I suggested exactly that in this post earlier:

It worked for me too.

And I put in the tutorial how to solve it.

tucano2000

AMD OS X Member
1) Config vmware to 1 processor 4 cores (primary cause for the stuck right at the beginning as shown in your screenshot)
2) Disable hiper-v on windows
3) Patch vmware with unlock tool.
This patch releases the Apple Mac OS X version configuration option in VMWare under Virtual Machine Settings, Options, Apple Mac OS X:
use "macOS 14" when configuring your virtual machine.
4) Set Hard Disk (Sata): macOS_Opencore_1.0_4_cores.vmdk (SATA 0:0) should always be the first boot drive.
In newer versions of WMWare choose "Keep existing format" if you are asked when adding the image of this drive.

All these procedures are described in more detail in the tutorial.

Last edited:

codehubhq

AMD OS X Member
Is it possible to expand the hard-disk after installation without loosing my data.
My disk is running very low, and I want to expand the hard-disk without loosing anydata on the vm.
Can this be done?

tucano2000

AMD OS X Member
Is it possible to expand the hard-disk after installation without loosing my data.
My disk is running very low, and I want to expand the hard-disk without loosing anydata on the vm.
Can this be done?
check this https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-W...UID-73BEB4E6-A1B9-41F4-BA37-364C4B067AA8.html

1720276136904.png

After increasing the volume in vmware, you also need to increase the size of the partition inside macos:

check this => https://www.lifewire.com/resize-mac...> Disk,divisions or deleting existing volumes.

Last edited:

tucano2000

AMD OS X Member
After I changed the volume size, when I restarted the mac I noticed that the opencore boot changed to the other drive of opencore itself instead of the drive where macOS is installed.

To change and re-decorate the macOS drive just select the drive and press control + enter at the same time.

iosDev

AMD OS X Member
I have a Ryzen9 5950x and I'm getting the following error after many hours of installation
"A fault has occurred causing a virtual CPU to enter the shutdown state. If this fault had occurred outside of a virtual machine, it would have caused the physical machine to restart. The shutdown state can be reached by incorrectly configuring the virtual machine, a bug in the guest operating system, or a problem in VMware Player."

1720346415539.png

Last edited:

tucano2000

AMD OS X Member
I have a Ryzen9 5950x and I'm getting the following error after many hours of installation
"A fault has occurred causing a virtual CPU to enter the shutdown state. If this fault had occurred outside of a virtual machine, it would have caused the physical machine to restart. The shutdown state can be reached by incorrectly configuring the virtual machine, a bug in the guest operating system, or a problem in VMware Player."

View attachment 14503
1) Config vmware to 1 processor 4 cores (primary cause for the stuck right at the beginning as shown in your screenshot)
This patch releases the Apple Mac OS X version configuration option in VMWare under Virtual Machine Settings, Options, Apple Mac OS X:
4) Set Hard Disk (Sata): macOS_Opencore_1.0_4_cores.vmdk (SATA 0:0) should always be the first boot drive.
In newer versions of WMWare choose "Keep existing format" if you are asked when adding the image of this drive.

The installation process takes less than an hour depending on the configuration of your machine and the type of SSD installed.

There really is a problem with your vmware configuration or with windows itself as hyper-v is enabled.

Read the whole tutorial again and check what you haven't done correctly.

I recommend using sonoma 14.5 because there are still some bugs with Sequoia which is in beta.I

Last edited:

iosDev

AMD OS X Member

The installation process takes less than an hour depending on the configuration of your machine and the type of SSD installed.

There really is a problem with your vmware configuration or with windows itself as hyper-v is enabled.

Read the whole tutorial again and check what you haven't done correctly.

I recommend using sonoma 14.5 because there are still some bugs with Sequoia which is in beta.I
1720435542606.png
I can confirm that I have config set to
1) 1 processor 4 cores
2) Hyper-V disabled
3) Patched vmware
4) Set Hard Disk (Sata): macOS_Opencore_1.0_4_cores.vmdk (SATA 0:0)

These were the settings since the beginning and still caused that error.
I will try it again by using the macOS iso link you provided. (Do i need to use the VM Workstation Pro 17.5.2 link you provided specifically?)
I also noticed that you haven't mentioned anything about changing the vmware config like in this link. Could you confirm if this step isn't needed?

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.