LG Gram 17Z90N Touchpad & Pointer Issue

OG Nerd

Knows Enough To Get In Trouble
Donator
AMD OS X Member
LG Gram 17Z90N Laptop, Intel i7-1065G7

I installed Monterey 12.5 with the attached EFI, however when it boots, even in the installer, the pointer is corrupted (looks like 4 dots in a square) and the trackpad is really choppy/laggy. Any ideas what could be causing it? Also, the wireless AX201 (Intel) is really slow.

I updated Opencore, All Kexts, etc.

Thanks in advance...

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    39.8 MB · Views: 0

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
For the trackpad, this is normally how I set mine up.
Also make sure you have a SSDT-GPIO enabled.

Screen Shot 2022-06-14 at 12.21.28 AM.png

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
As well as adding the kexts mentioned by Middleman, you need to look in the Device Manager in Windows to confirm the manufacturer of the Trackpad.

As you probably need to add a specific VoodooI2C kext for a Synaptic, ELAN or whichever manufacturer made your trackpad.

OG Nerd

Donator
AMD OS X Member
For the trackpad, this is normally how I set mine up.
Also make sure you have a SSDT-GPIO enabled.

View attachment 6678
I set it up like yours, the pointer is still corrupted looking. Something I did notice, if I update the Voodoo2C.kext the trackpad lags bad, if I leave the previous version, it works as it should, just has a corrupted pointer that is hard to see and figure where the point of it is. I plugged in a mouse and the pointer stays the same so not sure what is going on.

OG Nerd

Donator
AMD OS X Member
As well as adding the kexts mentioned by Middleman, you need to look in the Device Manager in Windows to confirm the manufacturer of the Trackpad.

As you probably need to add a specific VoodooI2C kext for a Synaptic, ELAN or whichever manufacturer made your trackpad.
crap, I erased windows, was hoping to get my open core refi working right then was gunna add another ssd and reinstall windows. I THINK I got it straightened out EXCEPT for the mouse/trackpad pointer is corrupted.

OK... Update: Got the pointer fixed, (the Bios got reset to default and DVMT was enabled and set to wrong size.)

I do have a couple issues still however, if I update Voodoo2C.kext the trackpad lags. If I leave an older build of the kext it works normal.

Last edited:

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Did you discover which drive the Trackpad uses in Windows? As the VoodooI2C download contains a number of helper kexts, which work with specific Trackpads, depending on the manufacturer/driver used in Windows.

Screenshot 2022-07-23 at 17.40.50.png Contents of VoodooI2C release 2.7 folder

The VoodooI2C.kext and VoodooI2CHID.kext are normally used as a base. But only one of the other four kexts should be used. Hence the need to know which Trackpad your laptop uses.

Are you using the SSDT-GPIO.aml with your laptop? As this SSDT is used for creating a stub to allow VoodooI2C to connect onto.

Have a read of this guide on how to create an SSDT-GPIO.aml table for your laptop.

OG Nerd

Donator
AMD OS X Member
Did you discover which drive the Trackpad uses in Windows? As the VoodooI2C download contains a number of helper kexts, which work with specific Trackpads, depending on the manufacturer/driver used in Windows.

View attachment 6683 Contents of VoodooI2C release 2.7 folder

The VoodooI2C.kext and VoodooI2CHID.kext are normally used as a base. But only one of the other four kexts should be used. Hence the need to know which Trackpad your laptop uses.

Are you using the SSDT-GPIO.aml with your laptop? As this SSDT is used for creating a stub to allow VoodooI2C to connect onto.

Have a read of this guide on how to create an SSDT-GPIO.aml table for your laptop.

Yes, when I check IOReg the GPIO is attached so it says I do not need that. I did get the touchpad working correctly however with resetting the Bios. The pointer is now working correctly and I was able to update to the latest kext for Voodoo2C!

Now, the main issue I got is that I have an intel AX201 card in here, which is the same card I got in 2 mini pcs I use as Mac OS file servers. The cards work flawlessly in those at normal speeds, but in the laptop, I have to use an old version of AirportItlwm_monterey.kext along with AirportItlwm.kext. If I try to update the kext, (The airportitlwm.kext, the other with _monterey is deprecated) it will not boot back into Mac OS. And it is very slow, says connected at 650mbs (the others connect at 1300mbs) and download speeds are like 7MB... (Have 600MB service)

On the other machines, I only need AirportItlwm.kext

Here's updated EFI

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    36.8 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

OG Nerd

Donator
AMD OS X Member

View attachment 6683 Contents of VoodooI2C release 2.7 folder

Dam…. I was gunna replace the Wi-Fi with a Broadcom one but it’s built into the board. So I’m stuck with trying to get this working better.

B0696A5C-30DB-4AF8-B33E-6E8B51DC4E24.jpeg

OG Nerd

Donator
AMD OS X Member
I have to reinstall,swapped out ssds (discovered the second nvme doesn’t detect in Mac OS). I also think I will need to switch to the heliport kexts for the Wi-Fi.

OG Nerd

Donator
AMD OS X Member
Got it up and running… thank you you two! I got wireless working well with the itlmw.kext and heliport you suggested on the legion 5 post. (I got this one while I work on the legion) and as for the second nvme, I am using it for Windows so Mac OS don’t need to see it.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.