Legion 5 Ryzen 7 + RX 6600M Project!

Jo-Toku

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
This will be my second Ryzen hackintosh build, or attempt. I had fairly good results with my previous Ryzen laptop, the Helios 500. But there are some nagging issues.

This Legion 5 on paper should be a good candidate to be hackintoshed, but that is why I am making this thread. I am not an expert by any means as I work with a bud to get things installed.

I will be posting the progress and issues that I encounter, maybe some posters here have greater understanding on how to solve bumps in the road.

I will start with some basic information of the Laptop.

Brand: Lenovo

Model: Legion 5 6th Gen

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800h

GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6600m 8GB ( Same Device ID as all Navi 23 GPU's. wether is desktop or laptop)

HDD: X2 1TB NVMe drives

Ram: x2 8GB 3200mhz ddr4

Display: 15.6 1080p 165HZ

Highlights: There are very few amd laptops with compatible Navi 23 GPU's with a MUX. at the moment, the Asus G14 is one, and this one. But likely to be more this year.

For those that do not know what a "MUX" switch is, essentially allows to disable IGPU of the Ryzen chip allowing for the dedicated GPU to take role of powering the system to Mac OS. My Helios worked because The DGPU was not hindered by the IGPU as it was independent (no Optimus so to speak)

However, I am not sure if this laptop may require some hardware patching to have it able to properly boot into macOS. I will upload a series of pictures of the bios so those who want to chime in can get a good look at what are the option bios wise.

60092.jpg

Some image may share some options, needed to take multiple snapshots because they would not fit on a single picture

60093.jpg

60097.jpg

60099.jpg

60106.jpg

60107.jpg

60110.jpg

60112.jpg

The following are pictures where I got stuck. If anyone can chime in will be appreciated.

60081.jpg

60309.jpg

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Post a copy of your OpenCore EFI, so we can see what you are using or not using.

Remove the Serial Number, MLB, ROM and SystemUUID from the config.plist before you post a copy here.

myregistercd

AMD OS X Member
@
This will be my second Ryzen hackintosh build, or attempt. I had fairly good results with my previous Ryzen laptop, the Helios 500. But there are some nagging issues.

This Legion 5 on paper should be a good candidate to be hackintoshed, but that is why I am making this thread. I am not an expert by any means as I work with a bud to get things installed.

I will be posting the progress and issues that I encounter, maybe some posters here have greater understanding on how to solve bumps in the road.

GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6600m 8GB ( Same Device ID as all Navi 23 GPU's. wether is desktop or laptop)

Highlights: There are very few amd laptops with compatible Navi 23 GPU's with a MUX. at the moment, the Asus G14 is one, and this one. But likely to be more this year.

For those that do not know what a "MUX" switch is, essentially allows to disable IGPU of the Ryzen chip allowing for the dedicated GPU to take role of powering the system to Mac OS. My Helios worked because The DGPU was not hindered by the IGPU as it was independent (no Optimus so to speak)

However, I am not sure if this laptop may require some hardware patching to have it able to properly boot into macOS. I will upload a series of pictures of the bios so those who want to chime in can get a good look at what are the option bios wise.

View attachment 5340

Some image may share some options, needed to take multiple snapshots because they would not fit on a single picture

View attachment 5341

View attachment 5342

View attachment 5343

View attachment 5344

View attachment 5345

View attachment 5346

View attachment 5347

The following are pictures where I got stuck. If anyone can chime in will be appreciated.

View attachment 5348

View attachment 5349

Do you have any updates? I am also willing to upgrade my laptop if this works out.

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
Congrats! I've been waiting to see who would be the first to get this setup to work!

If it helps I have a build for the B550 Ryzen 5900X with RX550/RX6800 on Monterey here > https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-5900x-rx550-samsung-1tb-970-evo-plus.319781/

I also have one for the Atari VCS which is using a Ryzen APU. This actually boots into Big Sur.

You can try and adapt the files and see if they work. But for sure the Boot and Kernel settings
should theoretically 'boot-up' if the chip is seen by the system.

As to suggestions:

a) Have a SSDT-GPU-Spoof made for the RX6600 if possible.
I found that it could help kick the system into recognizing a card.

b) RX6600 device settings:

Screen Shot 2022-04-11 at 1.39.59 PM.png

c) Maybe add npci=0x2000 agpdmod=pikera to NVRAM boot-arg. That boot-arg kick started my VCS APU.

d) Failing that, UEFIGraphicsFB.kext should allow you to get a signal from the HDMI output port if enabled:

OG Nerd

Knows Enough To Get In Trouble
Donator
AMD OS X Member

View attachment 5340

View attachment 5341

View attachment 5342

View attachment 5343

View attachment 5344

View attachment 5345

View attachment 5346

View attachment 5347

View attachment 5348

View attachment 5349
You ever get this running?

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.