StefanAM

AMD OS X Member
Hey all! I'm a pretty old hackintosher and legacy Mac enthusiast. All my PC and MACs have Sonoma installed. Also, 2 old rigs, Intel core2 PC. So, I found at home an old AMD computer with A8-3820 processor. I know it lacks some instructions for newer macOSs but so is core2, and core2 can run Ventura, Sonoma..... Is any way to make this old AMD PC to run Sonoma?
I have built one EFI for it, but I'm stuck at: "ASSERT [OpenCore] DivU64x64Remainder.c(38): Divisor != 0".
Thank you!

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Personally I think this FM1 system is lacking too many Instruction sets, which allow some AMD CPU's/chipsets to run macOS. Specifically the SSE4 / SSE4.1 + SSE4.2 instructions that are present in later AMD CPU's. If this were an FM2 system then you would be in a better position. As it is, I think you will need to use a Patched Kernel to run macOS on this system. You will be fortunate if you are able to run anything newer than El Capitan or Sierra on this system.

But first you need to confirm the other components are you using in this FM1 system. So provide make and model details for Motherboard, GPU and HDD/SSD/NVME you are planning on using. Before a final judgment is passed.

Confirm if the Bios is UEFI capable or not. Plus that it is running the latest Bios for the MB.

StefanAM

AMD OS X Member
Personally I think this FM1 system is lacking too many Instruction sets, which allow some AMD CPU's/chipsets to run macOS. Specifically the SSE4 / SSE4.1 + SSE4.2 instructions that are present in later AMD CPU's. If this were an FM2 system then you would be in a better position. As it is, I think you will need to use a Patched Kernel to run macOS on this system. You will be fortunate if you are able to run anything newer than El Capitan or Sierra on this system.

But first you need to confirm the other components are you using in this FM1 system. So provide make and model details for Motherboard, GPU and HDD/SSD/NVME you are planning on using. Before a final judgment is passed.

Confirm if the Bios is UEFI capable or not. Plus that it is running the latest Bios for the MB.
Hi man! This is the machine: https://icecat.biz/ro/p/hp/c0b10ea/pavilion-pcs-workstations-0887111499219-p6-2258el-14978299.html. Mobo: aahd2-hy with AHCI and UEFI capabilities. Processor A8-3820 with SSE4a instructions: https://www.techpowerup.com/cpu-specs/a8-3820.c880. But I already ordered A8-3870K: https://www.ebay.com/itm/133255743935?var=432616486018. For now I use an HDD rotational 1TB on SATA2 (becose of the mobo). GPU: HD 7450, OCLP capable.
In attach is the debug OC logg and my config.plist.
Let see how long we can go with this. Thank you!

Attachments

• opencore-2024-02-27-012040.txt
    256 KB · Views: 0
  • config.plist
    93.4 KB · Views: 0
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.