[kernel panic] - restart/shutdown

adahox

AMD OS X Member
Guys, I am using Catalina 10.15.7 and every time I shutdown or restart my system crashes with kernel panic and the screen freezes. the pc does not shutdown or restart until e press shutdown button forced.
I know its a kernel panic because in verbose mode I could see the message.

there's some fix to ?

Last edited:

Edhawk

Guru
Guru

adahox

AMD OS X Member
I really don't. know if I understand as well.

I got a lot of them.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
That DSDT.aml does not look correct.

I hope you aren't adding the DSDT.aml to your OpenCore setup, are you? By that I mean adding a patched DSDT.aml to the /EFI/OC/ACPI folder and config.plist. This is a big No-No when using OpenCore.

What did you do with the SSDT-Fix-Shutdown-USB.dsl that was linked in the post I provided?

Did you copy and paste the text into MaciASL and save it as an SSDT....dsl, did you then save it as an SSDT...aml table?

Below is a copy of the SSDT-Fix-Shutdown-USB.aml table. You should add this to your /EFI/OC/ACPI folder. You should add a corresponding entry for the SSDT to your config.plist, in the ACPI section, alongside the other SSDT's in your setup.

Attachments

• SSDT-Fix-Shutdown-USB.aml.zip
    831 bytes · Views: 2

adahox

AMD OS X Member
that was my SSDT-EC-USBX-DESKTOP file. that was what I understand to do. in fact the link is very hard to understand to noob users like me. but I'm going to follow u suggest

adahox

AMD OS X Member
its does not work. I mounted my EFI, dragged the fix-shutdown into it, updated my config. restarted my system. but the bug keeps. another thing I noticed is my update system just works when I have my bootable pen drive plugged. otherwise, it keeps searching updates but never finish. (a lot of bugs to fix along the time)

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Shouldn't be a lot of bugs. All depends on what you have done, or not done after installing macOS.

You may need to revert to the EFI folder I provided for your system. Reinstall macOS and start from fresh, if you have made a number of unnecessary changes to the setup.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.