Solved Kernel Error on Ventura Version

adahox

AMD OS X Member
Hi Guys.

I'm trying to create a Bootable USB folowing this tutorial from Gabriel Luchina but for some reason its not working.

I'm getting #[EB|LOG:EXITBS:START] error.
I also tryied follow this solutions from dortania blog but its not working.

MY PC CONF IS:
Motherboard MSI MAG B550M Bazooka, AMD AM4, mATX
Processador AMD Ryzen 5 3600X 3.8 GHz, 4.4GHz Max Turbo
40GB DDR4 2666GHz
Sapphire Radeon RX 470

It's attached the last debug file and my EFI.

Attachments

• opencore-2023-08-19-032354.txt
    256 KB · Views: 5
  • EFI.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 4
Last edited:

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
Okay @adahox,

Try this build here, modified from my existing Ventura Gigabyte B550 build. You were missing a couple of ACPI settings plus kexts.
I have also added the PCI device-id for your RX470 (DF670000) plus your SMBIOS details so it should boot.
EFI is set to use USBInjectAll for the USB, but you can swap it to a custom map once you've got it working.
Be sure to set BIOS to these settings:
  • Extreme Memory Profile(X.M.P) → Profile1
  • System Memory Multiplier → Auto (default)
  • Settings IOPorts
    • Initial Display Output → PCIe 1 Slot (default); change if necessary to slot containing GPU
    • HD Audio Controller → Enabled (default)
    • Above 4G Decoding → Enabled
  • Settings → IOPorts → Super IO Configuration
    • Serial Port 1 → Disabled
  • Settings → IOPorts → USB Configuration
    • XHCI Hand-off → Enabled (defualt)
  • Settings → IOPorts → SATA Configuration
    • SATA Mode AHCI (default)
  • Boot → Fast Boot → Disabled (default)
  • Boot → CSM Support → Disabled

Give it a try.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    34.2 MB · Views: 15

adahox

AMD OS X Member
Okay @adahox,

Try this build here, modified from my existing Ventura Gigabyte B550 build. You were missing a couple of ACPI settings plus kexts.
I have also added the PCI device-id for your RX470 (DF670000) plus your SMBIOS details so it should boot.
EFI is set to use USBInjectAll for the USB, but you can swap it to a custom map once you've got it working.
Be sure to set BIOS to these settings:
  • Extreme Memory Profile(X.M.P) → Profile1
  • System Memory Multiplier → Auto (default)
  • Settings IOPorts
    • Initial Display Output → PCIe 1 Slot (default); change if necessary to slot containing GPU
    • HD Audio Controller → Enabled (default)
    • Above 4G Decoding → Enabled
  • Settings → IOPorts → Super IO Configuration
    • Serial Port 1 → Disabled
  • Settings → IOPorts → USB Configuration
    • XHCI Hand-off → Enabled (defualt)
  • Settings → IOPorts → SATA Configuration
    • SATA Mode AHCI (default)
  • Boot → Fast Boot → Disabled (default)
  • Boot → CSM Support → Disabled

Give it a try.
I haven't enough words to thank you. The EFI works fine.

Im facing just a little problem when I try install. seems it doesn't find Network driver. Did you face this issue ?

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
You need to add the RealtekRTL8111 kext to the /EFI/OC/Kexts folder along with a complimentary entry for the kext in the Kernel > Add section of the config.plist. If you want your Ethernet port to work.

The EFI provided by Middleman contains a few Ethernet kexts, just not the one you need for your motherboard. You need the attached kext for your MSI board.

Attachments

• RealtekRTL8111-V2.4.2.zip
    302.3 KB · Views: 4

adahox

AMD OS X Member
You need to add the RealtekRTL8111 kext to the /EFI/OC/Kexts folder along with a complimentary entry for the kext in the Kernel > Add section of the config.plist. If you want your Ethernet port to work.

The EFI provided by Middleman contains a few Ethernet kexts, just not the one you need for your motherboard. You need the attached kext for your MSI board.
Actually its already added the network kext that works for me on Catalina 10.15. Maybe that's some detail that make it not work.

when I try install using installAssistant + EFI the install works but it crashes on half.

I will take this post as resolved once the problem mentioned was kernel panic. and this its resolved. Thanks @Edhawk @Middleman . <3 you are amazing

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.