It does not find me the macOS files but those of OpenCore do

coucx

AMD OS X Member
hello everyone, I tried to create a usb stick with macOS as explained in the guide. I checked a thousand times that the files were correct and that the bios settings were right but nothing. As soon as I boot the key, opencore opens but I can't find the key as bootable. Anyone have any idea what the problem might be?

my components:

r7 3700x
xfx rx 5700xt thicc ultra II
asus rog strix x570-f gaming
corsair vengeance rgb pro 16g (8x2) 3600

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Have you retained OpenHFSPlus.efi or added HFSPlus.efi to your /EFI/OC/Drivers folder?

You need one or the other of the two drivers, named above, to be present in the Drivers folder. Otherwise you won't see the macOS installation or recovery partitions on the OC GUI or Picker List (text).

If you are planning to use the Recovery installation process you may need to press the 'Spacebar' to display the Recovery icon/partition & other OC tools. The latest version of OpenCore has the ancillary items hidden by default. Pressing the Spacebar when on the OC GUI or picker list unhides them.

Post a copy of your EFI folder, with the Serial Number deleted/redacted from your config.plist. As there may be other issues in your OC setup that need attention.

coucx

AMD OS X Member
it was a matter of pressing the space bar. If I'm not mistaken I would have to patch the cores.

Attachments

• opencore-2022-02-03-220611.txt
    256 KB · Views: 1
  • config.plist
    44.8 KB · Views: 1
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.