Is that possible to install sonoma on this pc?

gilgaradh

AMD OS X Member
Hi All,

I have a PC and would like to install MacOS (Sonoma?) on it. The specifications are:
1704053998669.png
Is there any chance to make it? Best would be multiboot with windows 10.

Thank you for your advices in advance!

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Yes, you can install macOS on your system.

Don't use the SAMSUNG 980 Pro for the installation of macOS, as these drives are known to cause unnecessary issues when used as the boot drive for macOS. The Western Digital or Samsung EVO 860 should be OK as a macOS boot drive.

The presence of the RX 6600 XT means you need to install macOS Monterey 12.2 or newer for the graphics drivers to be present for the dGPU.

gilgaradh

AMD OS X Member

Don't use the SAMSUNG 980 Pro for the installation of macOS, as these drives are known to cause unnecessary issues when used as the boot drive for macOS. The Western Digital or Samsung EVO 860 should be OK as a macOS boot drive.

The presence of the RX 6600 XT means you need to install macOS Monterey 12.2 or newer for the graphics drivers to be present for the dGPU.
Hello Edhawk,

Thank you for the good news. Now I only have to find out how to do this at all. I have experiences in IT, so not totally dark, but as I read installation guides, getting more and more confused. At this moment I am trying to make a boot USB using OpenCore, but somehow I am lost. If you can recommend a good and very detailed step-by-step guide, that would be wonderful. :)

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
I take it you have found and read at least part of the Dortania OpenCore guide.

There is also the essential Ryzen config.plist guide.

I have a couple of Asus B550 systems I dual boot macOS and Windows 11. So to help you I have attached an OpenCore 0.9.4 EFI for you to use, or as a base/template for your own EFI.

It contains the essential kexts, SSDT's, Drivers and Tools required for booting macOS on an AMD Asus B550 system with a 6-core CPU and Navi II discrete GPU. All you need to add to it is the SMBIOS data for a MacPro7,1 system. This goes in the PlatformInfo > Generic section of the config.plist.

You can generate a MacPro7,1 SMBIOS using Corpnewt's GenSMBIOS script, works in Windows and macOS.
You can download macOS Sonoma using Corpnewt's gibMacOS script, works in Windows and macOS.
You can edit the config.plist using Corpnewt's ProperTree Plist Editor, works in Windows and macOS.

Select the repository you wish to download from the page linked above.
Select the green coloured button named 'Code'.
Then select the 'Download Zip' option.

Hope this helps,

Attachments

• EFI-0.9.4.zip
    32.4 MB · Views: 22

gilgaradh

AMD OS X Member
Hi,

Thank you for the help, I will try, but first I need to collect strenght for this procedure. :)
I found a different OpenCore guide before, that was a bit confusing at some points.
Now I am going to follow your advices and give it a try.
Will come back to inform! :)

Thanks again!

tristan

AMD OS X Member

Do you know if the SAMSUNG 980 nvme m.2 (NOT version PRO) has any problem or issues as macOS boot drive?
Thank you!

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Using any Samsung NVME drive is not recommended.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.