is my system compatible

Docpen

AMD OS X Member
Hello I was wondering if my computer is going to be compatible for hackintosh the motherboard is MSI PRO B550M-VC WIFI amd Ryzen 5 5600g msi rtx 3060 16gb ram Realtek pcie family controller rz608 Wifi 6E and i was just wondering what version would be compatible if it was

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Your Nvidia GPU is not compatible with macOS, any version. You need an AMD GPU. Have a look at the GPU Buyers Guide linked below.

Your motherboard and CPU will work with macOS.

Docpen

AMD OS X Member
Your Nvidia GPU is not compatible with macOS, any version. You need an AMD GPU. Have a look at the GPU Buyers Guide linked below.

Your motherboard and CPU will work with macOS.
i know that amd cards are going to have the most compatibility but i read online that the gt 740 series of cards are still somewhat supported and was wondering if i could just put it in and when i use mac os just pug into the gt740 or would i still have issues because the other card is still in there

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
i know that amd cards are going to have the most compatibility but i read online that the gt 740 series of cards are still somewhat supported and was wondering if i could just put it in and when i use mac os just pug into the gt740 or would i still have issues because the other card is still in there
Your answer is in the same link @Edhawk attached under the Nvidia heading. They say the 740 card is supported up through Big Sur but why you want to swap video cards just to run Mac OS seems unwieldy to me.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.