Is it possible to add support for my ambient light sensor?

Mogician

AMD OS X Member
Recently I got hackintosh running on my Yoga S750-ARE (AKA Yoga Slim 7-14ARE05 , Ideapad 7-14ARE05, Yoga 14s 2020 4800u) and almost everything works fine. However, the only thing that stuck with me was the ambient light sensor not working properly.

I checked the source code of SMCLightSensor, it looks like this kext requires an "ACPI0008" device to work properly. But on AMD platforms, the sensor appears to be controlled by the “HID Sensor Fusion Hub”. I tried renaming the Device HID from "ITE8353" to "ACPI0008" via SSDT and it didn't work. Maybe my sensor is working in a completely different way and a simply renaming won't fix it.

While I know this problem might not be possible to solve at all, I thought I'd try my luck here and see if any experts can solve this problem?
屏幕截图 2023-08-09 233634.png

Attachments

• System DSDT.zip
    54.4 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Have you tried editing the SSDT-ALSO.aml table so it looks for the ambient light device your DSDT?

The Standard SSDT-ALSO.aml table looks to attach to this data/device:

Screenshot 2023-08-09 at 16.57.37.png,

Your DSDT.aml names the ambient light device as this:

Screenshot 2023-08-09 at 16.57.17.png

If you replace the following two entries n the SSDT-ALSO.aml table will the SSDT work for your laptop?:
Replace Name {_HID, "ACPI0008" with Name {_HID, "ITE8353"
and
Replace Name {_CID, "smc-als" with Name {_CID "PNP0C50"

A copy of the edited SSDT-ALSO.aml table, renamed as SSDT-ALSD.aml is attached if you want to try using this table in place of your current ALSO table. This edit may not work, but should be worth a try.

Attachments

• SSDT-ALSD.aml.zip
    880 bytes · Views: 3

Mogician

AMD OS X Member
Have you tried editing the SSDT-ALSO.aml table so it looks for the ambient light device your DSDT?

The Standard SSDT-ALSO.aml table looks to attach to this data/device:

View attachment 11621,

Your DSDT.aml names the ambient light device as this:

View attachment 11620

If you replace the following two entries n the SSDT-ALSO.aml table will the SSDT work for your laptop?:
Replace Name {_HID, "ACPI0008" with Name {_HID, "ITE8353"
and
Replace Name {_CID, "smc-als" with Name {_CID "PNP0C50"

A copy of the edited SSDT-ALSO.aml table, renamed as SSDT-ALSD.aml is attached if you want to try using this table in place of your current ALSO table. This edit may not work, but should be worth a try.
Thanks for your help. I tried your solution but my ALS still won't work.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Sorry, not sure what else you could try.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.