atcusb

AMD OS X Member
Hi All,

Posting the obligatory intro, been in IT for 25years now, whilst some may find working and hobbying in th same field boring, I love it. Came from a windows/OS2 background, hating both, made the move to linux about 15 years ago - then got given a 2015 macbook air and found I liked it far more than I thought I would. All my linux desktop configs then became mac clones (NOT elementary/Pantheon) via tweaking budgie or gnome.

This seemed a bit pointless, so I took the plunge and started via KVM virtual Mojave and clover, and eventually to opencore on Intel. Then my CPU died, not being a fan of Intel moved to AMD, hit my head against the wall for a while, then stumbled across this site (d4vid's Aorus Master x570 5950x 6900XT Big Sur Opencore 0.6.8 build in particular - thank you d4vid), signed up and am typing from my excellent new AMD hackmac.

Had to modify a couple of AML's to allow dual booting with Windows without a ACPI related BSOD, but other than that, this site really really helped. I look forward to participating where I can

Last edited:

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Welcome to the Red side :D Glad the site has been of use for you.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.