Install help Mojave

limeman

AMD OS X Member
Hello I have gone thorough all the steps to get this setup on a USB stick however I am getting the following error:

1706465586643.jpeg

These are the specs of my desktop

1. CPUID CPU Name AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core Processor
  2. AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT (Navi 22) Video Adapter
  3. Motherboard Chipset B550
  4. Realtek ALC1220P @ AMD K19.2 - High Definition Audio Controller PCI
  5. ATI Radeon HDMI @ AMD Navi 21/22/23/24 - High Definition Audio Controller PCI
  6. Broadcom BCM4360 802.11ac Wireless Network Adapter PCI
  7. Realtek RTL8125 Gaming 2.5GbE Family Ethernet Controller PCI
  8. Realtek RTL8168/8111 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Adapter PCIEFI.7z
  9. Samsung SSD 860 EVO 2TB
  10. WDC WD100EMAZ-00WJTA0
  11. WDS500G1X0E-00AFY0
Attached is my EFI.7z I am not sure where I am going wrong at this point and getting kind of frustrated. Any help would be appreciated.

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
You're best starting fresh and following the Dortania guide for making an EFI. That one is a mess, old version and absolutly everything added regardless of specs. It's someone elses EFI you've downloaded to use.

However I've cleaned it up for you and updated it all. Try this.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    15.2 MB · Views: 2

limeman

AMD OS X Member
This seems to work.

I found the answer to my next question:

Booting the OpenCore USB

Thanks a lot will take a look at your tweaks. Need to install a spare drive to install on.

Thanks again!

Last edited:

limeman

AMD OS X Member
I need a little bit more help. I had to tweak a little bit what you did and made some BIOS settings changes it comes up now but I get a message saying this now:

IMG_2242.jpg
I also very breify see a message that says something about ROM but the screen changes to quickly for me to figure out what it is saying

I change this section in PlatFormInfo:

Code:
<key>SystemProductName</key>
<string>MacPro7,1</string>

As it was saying the OS version was not supported. I am closer but have no clue what it means by the message I can not read. Here is up my updated EFI.7z

Any more help would be appreciated :)

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
MacPro7,1 is not supported on macOS Mojave. First release for MacPro7,1 was Catalina 10.15.1. So you would be best served using the iMacPro1,1 SMBIOS with your system.

All B550 motherboards require SSDT-CPUR.aml ACPI table to run macOS, along with a change to the Booter > Quirks > SetupVirtualMap entry, this needs to be set as False/Disabled.

While you are trouble shooting a system it is best not to include any non-essential kexts, drivers or tools. As this minimises the chance of any spurious errors occurring. Any Sensor kexts you want to use can always be added to the OC setup once you have macOS up and running.

Your USBMap.kext uses the MacPro7,1 definition, so this will need to be changed/edited to match the iMacPro1,1 SMBIOS, if you wish to continue to use this kext.

Not sure if you have enabled Above 4G Decoding in your bios, so I have included the npci=0x3000 boot argument in the revised config.plist, as well as the changes recommended above.

Try the revised EFI attached below. See if this helps.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    15.3 MB · Views: 5

limeman

AMD OS X Member
This has gotten me a bit further however I am now getting a new error:

1706569796507.jpeg

Attaching an updated EFI.7z not sure where to go from here. I made some other changes which are:

Code:
<key>ROM</key>
<data>685B35CDB83C</data>

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
The one thing I noted is you are trying to use Whatevergreen.kext with your AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT (Navi 22) Video Adapter which it does not support. You should try substituting NootRX.kext instead as that is currently the only way you would get a display. Plus what ever you uploaded has multiple folders that are redundant....

Attachments

• NootRX.kext.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 1

limeman

AMD OS X Member
What folders are redundant? I made some more changes but issue remains.

I removed Whatevergreen.kext and added NootRX.kext.

I am getting the same error on APCI however. I am kind of lost where to go next.

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
What folders are redundant? I made some more changes but issue remains.

I removed Whatevergreen.kext and added NootRX.kext.

I am getting the same error on APCI however. I am kind of lost where to go next.

Duplicate Folders.png
Two copies of the EFI folder and its contents.

limeman

AMD OS X Member
Tried some more this morning got further now I am getting this error:

image.png

I ran through the steps here to produce some AMLs:

I also cleaned up my EFI folder here is a new copy EFI.7z

I am unsure what is going on now I did all the BIOS settings changes. If anyone has any cluse please let me know.

I got a little further by turring off "Above 4G Decoding" In my BIOS. Attached above is up updated EFI folder. I am going to try WhateverGreen as NootRx was not working

Last edited:

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Try this EFI.

I have replaced WhateverGreen with NootRX.kext, as WhateverGreen will never work with an RX 6700 Xt dGPU.

Do not change anything in this setup. Post a photo of the Verbose text if it kernel panics.

Attachments

• EFI-v2.zip
    17.2 MB · Views: 3
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.