I give up, I will happily donate if someone can look at and fix my EFI

Ritchwill

AMD OS X Member
Hi guys, I have been trying to install Big Sur for weeks now without luck. Could someone possibly take a look at my EFI and either sort it or tell me what to do. I have gotten it to install but it crashes in the setup screens. I made a few changes and now it won't even load the installer. I have attached the EFI along with a few crash dump files which may assist. My setup should be listed. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 2

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
No need to donate unless you wish to. We are all here to help each other out ;)

Try this EFI folder. Delete the current one and replace with this

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 9

Ritchwill

AMD OS X Member
Thanks Shaneee but no joy bud, I have dropped your EFI in and booted from it. The Apple logo appears for a second the pc restarts

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
You've got npci=0x2000 as a boot arg. Make sure you've not got Above 4G decoding enabled as they can't be used together. If that's not the case, add the verbose boot arg ( -v ) back in and make a recording so we can see where it's rebooting in the boot stage. The OpenCore logs only show what's happening while it's still in the bootloader phase. Once it's handed over to macOS it stops logging.

Ritchwill1

AMD OS X Member
You've got npci=0x2000 as a boot arg. Make sure you've not got Above 4G decoding enabled as they can't be used together. If that's not the case, add the verbose boot arg ( -v ) back in and make a recording so we can see where it's rebooting in the boot stage. The OpenCore logs only show what's happening while it's still in the bootloader phase. Once it's handed over to macOS it stops logging.
It's so quick but here is the video..
I can't upload video so here are some frames from the vid....

Attachments

• 20210623_003215_1_Moment.jpg
    20210623_003215_1_Moment.jpg
    346 KB · Views: 21
  • 20210623_003215_2_Moment.jpg
    20210623_003215_2_Moment.jpg
    427.2 KB · Views: 21

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Try with this. For some reason the kernel patches aren't being applied.

Attachments

• config.plist
    49.8 KB · Views: 5
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.