I encountered a problem while installing Ventura on an AMD CPU, and I couldn't find any relevant information online regarding this issue.

54thC

AMD OS X Member
Hi guys, when I install Ventura, it gets stuck at the twelfth minute and displays a message saying 'releasing memory.' If I restart after entering the installation interface, it shows the content in the image. Could you please tell me what the reason for this is?
Here is the description of my computer configuration:

• CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5900X
  • GPU: 6900xt
  • MB:MSI B550 Unify-X

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    31.2 MB · Views: 3
  • f1745a1159da33ca0002fc1a82c3ffe.jpg
    f1745a1159da33ca0002fc1a82c3ffe.jpg
    393.8 KB · Views: 10
  • a9405cb1971518f6bc91e48e10eef9f.jpg
    a9405cb1971518f6bc91e48e10eef9f.jpg
    193.7 KB · Views: 10

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Try with this.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    32.5 MB · Views: 9

54thC

AMD OS X Member
Dear @Shaneee,

I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to express my heartfelt gratitude for the assistance you've provided.

Your expertise and the modified config file you shared were instrumental in resolving the issues I was facing. Thanks to your help, I was not only able to boot into the system successfully but also managed to upgrade from Big Sur to Ventura by creating backups.

As of now, I have fixed the Wi-Fi driver using AirportItlwm's v2.3.0-alpha version. Bluetooth isn't something I use frequently, so I haven't prioritized its repair. I'm pleased to report that the CPU frequency scaling is functioning smoothly, and the graphics card is performing without a hitch. As for the USB mapping, I've made manual adjustments to ensure optimal performance.

In the spirit of community and support that you have so generously shown me, I have decided to share my entire EFI folder. It is my hope that it will be of assistance to others who may be facing similar challenges.

Once again, I thank you for your invaluable support. Your guidance has made a significant difference, and I am truly appreciative.

Also, a special shout-out to @Edhawk, who was instrumental in helping me install Big Sur one year ago. Your guidance has not been forgotten. Thank you, @Edhawk.

Warm regards,

54thC

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    49.2 MB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.