I broke a perfectly good Big Sur build to go back to Catalina. -Installation Issues

tektek678

AMD OS X Member
Hello all! This forum was immensely helpful in my first build, but now I have a problem because I had to go and be a dummy and mess up a good thing. Apologies in advance, English is not my first language.

My build is a Ryzen 7 3800x on a GIigabyte B450 Aorus Pro mobo and rx5700 graphics. I had a near-perfect Big Sur build, but due to some bugs with the OS interacting with some of my programs (apple/new os issues, not Hackintosh related) I decided for my workflow, I would scrap this system, wipe the hard drive, and install Catalina using the same process. I created the install media using my genuine MacBook pro, and copied my original EFI folder back onto the flash drive. It all seemed great, until the OSX installer went to restart during install. It gets back into the installer, but shortly after, it crashes with the attached report.

The only problem solving I have done thus far is switching from an NVME boot drive to a boring old-reliable SSD. I imagine there is something in my EFI that I had to do for my Big-Sur builds that needs to be undone for Catalina? Thank you for your help! Here is a link to my entire EFI folder.

Attachments

• Installer Log 26-Nov-2020.2.txt
    123.8 KB · Views: 3

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Try removing RadeonMonitor.kext from your config.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.