Huawei Matebook14 2020 R5 4600H Hackintosh Success and some minor problems

Dany

AMD OS X Member
Hello everyone, I'm glad to share my results here.

My processor is AMD R5 4600H.
Motherboard is Huawei KLVL-WXX9-PCB
The hard disk is a portable hard disk Jamboron Foresee NGFF 128GB
Wifi&Bluetooth AX200

The system I am successfully running is big sur 11.6.6 (20G624)
Basically a lot of performance is realized, for example:
Touch screen
Touchpad
Keyboard backlight adjustment
HDMI monitor output
Type-C monitor output
Sound output
Ethernet & Wifi & Bluetooth

At the same time, I also encountered three problems without ideas to solve them
1. About external monitor
1. when my external monitor is connected via HDMI, the USB port of the monitor doesn't work, and the speakers of the monitor don't work either.
2. when my external monitor is connected via Type-C, the monitor's USB port works, but the monitor's speakers still don't work.
2. Regarding the speakers that came with the laptop
1. the normal boot works, and when I connect a 3.5mm device it also works; but when I unplug the 3.5mm headphone jack, the laptop's speakers don't make sound anymore, only from the headphone jack. Don't connect the 3.5mm reboot it can be restored
3. About the boot code loading process
1. I find it very strange that every time I turn on the computer, the code loading process freezes when it reaches the CPU ID or Copyright. Since I installed MacOS on a portable disk, I unplugged the portable disk and plugged it back in, and the code continues to load then get into macOS. This confuses me! I don't know what the problem is, and sometimes it crashes completely, and I'll have to force a reboot and get into the system the same way I just did. (This is what bothers me the most, I hope a knowledgeable guru can help me look at this and see if it can be fixed)
2. Below is a picture of the problem I encountered and my EFI file.

Thank you in advance, and to anyone who has the same laptop as me, my EFI file can help you enjoy it.

Attachments

• 截屏2023-08-18 下午11.10.59.png
    截屏2023-08-18 下午11.10.59.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 32
  • 截屏2023-08-18 下午11.12.13.png
    截屏2023-08-18 下午11.12.13.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 28
  • V11.5完成配置EFI.zip
    29.1 MB · Views: 96

jre2706

AMD OS X Member
Hi Dani,
My name is Joaquín, I’ve got a Huawei Matebook 13 Ryzen 5 3500u with integrated IGPU Vega 8 Graphics, version 2020. I will try your EFI folder to see if it works for me., as your Laptop shares some key parts with mine.So far, I have tríed many EFI folders from others forums without success.
Regards

daniel2021

AMD OS X Member
Hi Dani,
My name is Joaquín, I’ve got a Huawei Matebook 13 Ryzen 5 3500u with integrated IGPU Vega 8 Graphics, version 2020. I will try your EFI folder to see if it works for me., as your Laptop shares some key parts with mine.So far, I have tríed many EFI folders from others forums without success.
Regards
I hope it can help you. PS:When installing MacOs for the first time, turn off NootedRed. Don't open it until the installation is complete.

jre2706

AMD OS X Member
Thanks for your remark, I’ll keep it on mine.

jre2706

AMD OS X Member
Hi Dani,

I managed to install macos but, I need to have an external hdmi monitor to use it with a secon huawei laptop with a broken display. Will you be so kind to guide me to make that happen ?

I´ve been searching on internet, forums, watch some videos but, not lucky.

Thanks in advance for your coments.

jre2706

AMD OS X Member
Hi Dani,

I solved it.

Thanks anyway.

imp1903

AMD OS X Member
Hi Dani!
Thanks for your EFI. I have the same laptop as you (Huawei Matebook 14 2020 with Ryzen 4600H) but my installation is stucked at "virtual bool coreAnalyticsHub::start(IOService *)::105:CoreAnalyticsHub start".

I also downloaded BigSur using the macrecovery tool. Any help with this??
Should I disable anything else on the BIOS apart from SecureBoot?

PD: I don't upload the EFI since it is the same as you :)

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Yes, you need to set a few more options in the bios to allow your system to run macOS.

See the list of Bios options required for an AMD system, linked below.

# AMD BIOS Options

imp1903

AMD OS X Member
Yes, the problem is that my BIOS is an InsydeH20 Rev5.0 and there isn't those options you mentioned. I don't know if there is a key combination to open a hidden menu, but I am not able to do anything else that change the SecureBoot.

I have increased the buffer of the graphics from 512 to 4GB using Smokeless Umaf tool but now I'm stuck at "Couldn't alloc AppleKeyStoreTest"

Last edited:

fernandev

AMD OS X Member
Hi Dani,

I managed to install macos but, I need to have an external hdmi monitor to use it with a secon huawei laptop with a broken display. Will you be so kind to guide me to make that happen ?

I´ve been searching on internet, forums, watch some videos but, not lucky.

Thanks in advance for your coments.
Hi, could you help me? I have the same problem with hdmi and also my elantech trackpad is not working. Everything else is ok
Hi Dani,

I solved it.

Thanks anyway.
Hi, could you help me please? I have the same problem with hdmi and also my elantech trackpad is not working. I just want to know if i can use iGPU with hdmi, or do i need to enable somehow nvidia gtx?
Acer Nitro 5 AN515-44
CPU: Ryzen 5 4600h
GPU(disabled): Nvidia GTX 1650
WIFI: Intel AX200
Audio: Realtek ALC295
Trackpad: ELANTECH

Thanks

Attachments

• EFI.rar
    17.3 MB · Views: 32

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
You need to disable the Nvidia GTX 1650 dGPU and keep it that way, as it is one of the Nvidia dGPU's that has never been and never will be supported in macOS.

You need to use the AMD APU with NootedRed.kext.

Some people found that they needed to temporarily disable NootedRed.kext, just during the installation process, to prevent a kernel panic.

The Trackpad may require that you add VoodooI2CELAN.kext to your OC setup before it will work.

fernandev

AMD OS X Member
You need to disable the Nvidia GTX 1650 dGPU and keep it that way, as it is one of the Nvidia dGPU's that has never been and never will be supported in macOS.

You need to use the AMD APU with NootedRed.kext.

Some people found that they needed to temporarily disable NootedRed.kext, just during the installation process, to prevent a kernel panic.

The Trackpad may require that you add VoodooI2CELAN.kext to your OC setup before it will work.

Hi, well, actually I enabled NootedRed after sucessfull installation, it is just hdmi that is not working. Anyway, thanks for your answer, I will give a try to the trackpad solution.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru

Mon0o

AMD OS X Member
Hi, I have downloaded your EFI but when a go into a boot menu the memory stick it does not appear. Perhaps do you know why?

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.