HP Laptop 15s-eq3005nl

OG Deltwin

The FX Guy
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Hi guys, would be possible to install mac os on my HP Laptop 15s-eq3005nl?

CPU: Ryzen 5 56525U
RAM: 8GB
HDD/SSD: SSD NVME M2 500GB
GPU: iGPU
MOBO: HP

It has also biometric login

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
I don't see why not, the Ryzen 6-core CPU and Radeon Vega APU will be supported with the latest AMD Kernel Patches and using the latest NootedRed.kext.

Your biometric scanner won't work in macOS. So you will have to fall back to normal login, i.e. type your password!

Assuming you have access to a Windows installation I would recommend the following:

Check through the Device Manager tabs to confirm the following device details.
  1. Audio codec, i.e. ALCXXX
  2. Ethernet controller, i.e. Realtek, Intel or other
  3. WiFi/BT controller/card, i.e. Broadcom, Intel or other
  4. Trackpad manufacturer, i.e. Synaptics/Elan or other
I would also recommend that you download and install a few python scripts from Corpnewt's GitHub repositories.

• SSDTTime - use this to generate a few custom SSDT's you will need for your laptop
  • GenSMBIOS - use this to generate a compatible and unused SMBIOS for your laptop, i.e. MacBookPro16,4 or similar.
  • genMacOS - to enable you to download the macOS installer from Apple's servers in Windows.
  • Propertree - to enable you to edit the config.plist.
Use the .bat scripts, not the .command scripts.

Use the latest release of OpenCore - 0.9.5 and follow the Ryzen OpenCore guide.

Follow and create the macOS installer in Windows guide:

You need to read a lot of information, and make some additional entries for your laptop, which are not covered by the Ryzen OC guide.

Trackpad, keyboard, battery functionality, brightness keys, display brightness and other elements will need specific kexts and SSDT's (corpnewt's SSDTTime)

Hope this helps.

OG Deltwin

The FX Guy
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Thank you very much. I'll try and continue here the topic!

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.