How to change Processor name ? and add GPU cart.

Rafal

AMD OS X Member
Hello
I have problems to change Processor name ,i install

RestrictEvents

but I don't know how to rename the processor i have Processor Ryzen 5 1600 but still i see intel i 5 :(

you can't see the graphics card either

Please help me fix this.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    6.1 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Kext & Config.plist issues:
You added RestrictEvents to your /OC/Kexts folder but failed to add the complimentary entry that enables the kext to your config.plist.

This is a screenshot of the Kernel > Add section in your config.plist showing the kexts you are enabling/injecting.
Screenshot 2022-02-24 at 17.48.49.png RestrictEvents.kext is not present, so the kext is not enabled.

You should not be using NullCPUPowerManagement.kext, this is no longer used with AMD Ryzen systems.

You should add the following kexts to your setup.
  1. AppleMCEReporterDisabler.kext - Fixes issues on AMD systems running macOS.
  2. AMDRyzenCPUPowerManagement.kext
  3. SMCAMDProcessor.kext
Here is an explanation of what the last two kexts provide for an AMD system, along with AMD Power Gadget application. https://github.com/trulyspinach/SMCAMDProcessor

A copy of all three kexts have been added to the Revised EFI folder below. As has a copy of the AMD Power Gadget app.

This is how the Kernel Add section should look in your config.plist, with the changes mentioned above.

Screenshot 2022-02-24 at 17.59.09.png Part of bottom kext has bee truncated/cut off, but all kexts now present in the /OC/Kexts folder are enabled.

SMBIOS issues:
You shouldn't need the PlatformInfo > Memory section in your config.plist when using RestrictEvents.kext, as it deals with the MacPro7,1 memory issues as well as renaming the CPU.

The PlatformInfo > Generic section needs to be reconfigured. You are using the SMBIOS data for an iMac17,1. This is wrong, as this system expects an Intel IGPU to be present along with a discrete GPU.

You shouldn't need or be using the PlatformInfo > DataHub section, this was removed from OpenCore Sample/config.plist some time ago.

You shouldn't need or be using the PlatformInfo > SMBIOS section, this was removed from OpenCore Sample/config.plist some time ago.

You should be using the MacPro6,1 MacPro7,1 or iMacPro1,1 SMBIOS data with your AMD setup.

The Dortania guide recommends the use of MacPro6,1 SMBIOS data when using a GNC GPU, such as your R9 390 card. See screenshot below.

Screenshot 2022-02-24 at 18.06.55.png SMBIOS recommendations based on dGPU used.

I have generated a MacPro6,1 SMBIOS for your setup and added this to the config.plist. in the attached EFI.
I have removed the Memory, DataHub and SMBIOS sections as mentioned above from the revised config.plist.

Try this revised EFI folder on a spare USB pen drive, see how this works on your system.

Don't worry about the GPU and other PCI devices not showing in the System Information > PCI report. This is purely cosmetic and has no bearing on how the GPU works in macOS.

Attachments

• AMD.Power.Gadget.app.zip
    5.6 MB · Views: 3
  • EFI.zip
    6.2 MB · Views: 4

Rafal

AMD OS X Member
Thank you so much for explaining and correcting the EFI :) I'll try everything tomorrow and let you know :)

Rafal

AMD OS X Member
Hello :)

Edhawk i run Big Sur in you EFI files and working fine but no change Processor name :(

Regards

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Adding the RestrictEvents.kext fixes the CPU name

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
@Rafal when you get to the OpenCore boot screen, press the space bar. This should unhide a few tools.

Select ClearNvram.efi, then select ResetSystem.efi.

Your system should reboot, see if that changes the CPU name.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
The screen shows the tool is enabled and present in the /EFI/OC/Tools folder. This is fine. But for it to be used you have to manually invoke the tool from the OC boot screen. It doesn’t work unless you select the tool from/on the boot screen.

The tools will be hidden when you boot OpenCore, so you have to press the Spacebar to unhide them.

You can then select the ClearNvram.efi tool.
After that you need to select the ResetSystem.efi tool, to force the system to reboot.

Otherwise the old Nvram settings will be used and the changes in the OC folder and config.plist might not be used.

We don’t want that so after making any changes to the config.plist the Nvram should be cleared.

Rafal

AMD OS X Member
if the spaces are pressed, no additional options will appear. maybe it's easier if I send you an EFI ,Can you add this ?

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    6.2 MB · Views: 3

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
I just checked your EFI and it is fine, with all the necessary config.plist options set and the drivers in the Tools folder required for this to work.

I am wondering what button on your keyboard you are pressing. 'Spaces', I don't know what this is.

The image below shows the Spacebar highlighted in the red rectangle.

1035px-Leertaste.jpg Keyboard - Spacebar

You need to press the Spacebar when you arrive on the OpenCore boot screen. This will unhide the Tools you need to use to Clear the Nvram settings and reboot the system.

Rafal

AMD OS X Member
damn i press space and nothig i try everyting :( and i can find where clear nvram :(

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
I have revised your /EFI/OC/config.plist so the ClearNvram, OpenShell and ResetSystem tools are no longer hidden when you arrive on the OC boot screen.

Nothing else has been changed. Try using this EFI and see if you can clear the Nvram and reboot the system using these OC tools.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    6.2 MB · Views: 3

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Replace just the config. It should fix this.

Attachments

• config.plist.zip
    5.5 KB · Views: 4

Rafal

AMD OS X Member
Nothing has changed still shows up Processor: 3,2 GHz sixcore Intel core i5

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Clear your NVRAM again. I've altered the ProcessorType in the config and added a NVRAM entry to change the CPU string.

tatofuma

AMD OS X Member
Clear your NVRAM again. I've altered the ProcessorType in the config and added a NVRAM entry to change the CPU string.
I have the same problem, everything looks ok in my config, but it doesn't give me the correct information

Attachments

• Config.plist
    33.8 KB · Views: 3

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
@Rafal try using this config.plist, it has the CPU name added as a Boot Argument

Attachments

• config.plist.zip
    5.5 KB · Views: 2

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
@tatofuma I have done the same with yours, added the CPU name as a boot argument in the attached config.plist.

Attachments

• config.plist.zip
    5.9 KB · Views: 5
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.