Hi, I'm Marco ..Greetings from a place very close to Barcelona

Guantanamera

AMD OS X Member
I like to be testing the Mac system on non-mac laptops and now I want to try amd. Let's see if we are lucky. I do not know anything about programming, the times that I have achieved it is by trial and error

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Currently neither of the graphics processors in your Lenovo laptop will work with macOS.

The RTX 3050 has absolutely no support in macOS. This is a dead end.

The Integrated Vega graphics processor has a slim chance of working. Some people have reported using integrated AMD graphics, but only a few. There is some development of a new kext/driver for the AMD Integrated Vega GPU's. It is called WhateverRed.kext. I am not sure if the development is on-going or not. But it might be worth a look to see if you can use the kext on your system.

The majority of AMD laptop owners who have been able to run macOS on their systems have used an AMD RX5000 or RX6000 Series discrete GPU, which like your NVIDIA GPU came as part of the high-end laptop.

A small number of laptops were designed and built with a MUX switch, which allowed the owners to disable the AMD Integrated Vega GPU and just use the dedicated RX. With the Integrated GPU disabled in the bios, all graphics processing passes through the dGPU. These dGPU's are natively supported because they use Navi 21 or 23 chips, which Apple have enabled in the MacPro7,1 system.

Guantanamera

AMD OS X Member
Currently neither of the graphics processors in your Lenovo laptop will work with macOS.

The RTX 3050 has absolutely no support in macOS. This is a dead end.

The Integrated Vega graphics processor has a slim chance of working. Some people have reported using integrated AMD graphics, but only a few. There is some development of a new kext/driver for the AMD Integrated Vega GPU's. It is called WhateverRed.kext. I am not sure if the development is on-going or not. But it might be worth a look to see if you can use the kext on your system.

The majority of AMD laptop owners who have been able to run macOS on their systems have used an AMD RX5000 or RX6000 Series discrete GPU, which like your NVIDIA GPU came as part of the high-end laptop.

A small number of laptops were designed and built with a MUX switch, which allowed the owners to disable the AMD Integrated Vega GPU and just use the dedicated RX. With the Integrated GPU disabled in the bios, all graphics processing passes through the dGPU. These dGPU's are natively supported because they use Navi 21 or 23 chips, which Apple have enabled in the MacPro7,1 system.
Thanks for the information, I will continue trying your recommendations to see if I have any luck.

Guantanamera

AMD OS X Member
Thank you... now all that remains is to tune it... I am attaching my efi... if someone can help me... I don't have a battery or Wi-Fi...

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla 2023-08-05 a las 2.45.32.png
    Captura de pantalla 2023-08-05 a las 2.45.32.png
    301.4 KB · Views: 2
  • OC.zip
    33.8 MB · Views: 2
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.