Hi Everyone - [EB|LOG:EXITBS:START]

Vox Blackheart

AMD OS X Member
Hello,

Sorry, but my first post is a cry for help!!! :)

I've done a couple of Hackintosh builds, that so far have been successful.

*Lenovo 330s 15IKB with i3 7020u running Ventura - Everything runs great.
*Old PC with i5 3570k running Catalina - Everything runs great.

My current PC is:
MSI B550 Gaming Plus
Ryzen 3600
Sapphire RX6600XT

Using the Dortania instructions I've built a couple of EFI's. Unfortunately I couldn't get the PC to boot.
I tried an EFI that I download online that used similar specs. I edited in ProperTree to suit my system, however the error is always the same!

[EB|LOG:EXITBS:START]

I'm hoping that someone could take a look at my EFI and point me in the right direction please. I've also attached the most recent error report.

Thanks in advance for any help

Attachments

• opencore-2024-02-03-112516.txt
    256 KB · Views: 0
  • EFI.zip
    4.1 MB · Views: 1

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
First issue, you have a Clover driver present in your OpenCore /EFI/OC/Drivers folder - ext4_x64.efi. This should not be used in OpenCore. You should be using the Ext4Dxe.efi driver from the OpenCore release/version you are using (OC v0.9.1 April 2023).

Second issue, you are using old AMD Kernel Patches in your config.plist. This means you are missing the Sonoma patches and the relatively new CaseySJ patch, that allows MSI board owners to run the latest versions of macOS, i.e. Monterey and newer.

You are missing a number of standard kexts in your /eFI/OC/Kexts folder - RestrictEvents.kext, Innie.kext and NVMeFix.kext.

The attached EFI should work with your MSI B550 / R5 3600 / RX 6600 XT system.

Give it a try and let us know how you get on.

Post a photo of the verbose text if it kernel panics, so we know what needs attention.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    6.6 MB · Views: 9

Vox Blackheart

AMD OS X Member
Hi Edhawk,

Thank you so much for your reply. Yes my EFI got pretty messy :) I started out building it myself following the instructions on Dortania. I had no luck, so resorted to a prebuilt EFI I found online. After many failed attempts I ended up with the EFI I posted on here.

The EFI you posted worked for me. I had to change SecureBootModel to Disabled as it wouldn't boot when set at Default.

07:940 00:068 AAPL: #[EB|R:SRBM] secure-boot
08:010 00:069 AAPL: #[EB|R:ARB]
08:073 00:063 AAPL: #[EB|WL] 0 0 0x01 0x41 24 0x0E
08:137 00:063 AAPL: #[EB|RESET] 1
08:200 00:063 AAPL: #[EB|LOG:RESET:RECOVERY] 2024-02-04T13:49:09

Thank you once again for you help.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.