hi! can i install mac os high sierra on amd athlon x4 860k and gtx 960? help please

pepa1337

AMD OS X Member
hi! can i install mac os high sierra on amd athlon x4 860k? help please

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Yes you should be able to install macOS High Sierra with the AMD OpenCore Vanilla guide.
You need to follow the Bulldozer/Jaguar side of the AMD guide when creating your config.plist.

Here is a link to a guide for a similar aged AMD FX system. It might help you with your initial setup.

You would need to edit the following in the config.plist as a minimum to work with your system:
  • AMD Patches, first three patches, change core count from 08 to 04, to match your 4-core CPU (3rd & 4th numbers in the replace entry need to be changed).
  • UEFI > APFS > MinDate and MinVersion entries, as they will be set as 0, you will need to enter the High Sierra date and version.
You don't say which motherboard you are using, so no idea which Ethernet kext you would need. The other kexts in the /EFI/OC/Kexts folder should be fine as a baseline.

pepa1337

AMD OS X Member
hello, i change mindate and minversion and now im stuck here, apple logo shows for 30sec and after this computer shuts down. my motherboard is gigabyte-ga-f2a68hm-s1 rev 1.1. maybe you have some idea how to fix it?

pepa1337

AMD OS X Member
check if its something wrong in this efi, i try to hackintosh first time. that sorry if its stupid question.

pepa1337

AMD OS X Member
here is my log:

Attachments

• opencore-2023-01-31-220314.txt
    256 KB · Views: 2

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Try the EFI attached below.
  1. I have made a number of changes, including to the ACPI, Drivers, Kexts, Resources and Tools folders. Some additions but mostly removing items you don't need.
  2. I have edited your config.plist, cleaning up and removing unnecessary items and checking some AMD essential elements were set correctly, not all of them were.
  3. You need to generate and add the SMBIOS data you are going to use for your Hack.
  4. As you are running High Sierra with and Nvidia dGPU I would recommend using the iMacPro1,1 SMBIOS.
  5. Use Corpnewt's GenSMBIOS to generate a new SMBIOS for your system. This script can be run in macOS, Windows and Linux.
  6. Then test the Serial number you generated against this Apple Support page, to ensure your Serial number is not being used by a real Mac.
    • You want a negative response from the Apple Support page.
    • Screenshot 2023-01-31 at 19.54.00.png Negative response from Apple Support page - means you can use the Serial Number etc for your hack.
    • https://checkcoverage.apple.com/gb/en/
See if this EFI gets you any further.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4.1 MB · Views: 15

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Where did you get you macOS installation app?
Which version are you using?
Which SMBIOS are you using?

pepa1337

AMD OS X Member
I forgot to add smbios. i installed mac os success but now my WiFi card doesnt work. can you have kexts/drivers for Tplink wn722n v2?

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
TP-Link provide a driver for your WiFi card WN722n v2 that works up to and including macOS Catalina. So it should work in High Sierra.

The TP-Link macOS drivers can be found at the bottom of the page linked above.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.