Hi all!! Can you tell me what I'm doing wrong??

pampas

AMD OS X Member
trying to update 0.8.1 to 0.8.5 and Ventura from Monterrey but is not possible.

Thanks a lot.

Attachments

• config.plist
    33.3 KB · Views: 3

pampas

AMD OS X Member

alyxferrari

Guru
Guru
We can't help you if you don't say what specifically the problem is.

pampas

AMD OS X Member
We can't help you if you don't say what specifically the problem is.
Can you tell me if it is something wrong on this plist?? I checked with OC validate and there is no issues found. When I try to install Ventura only the apple logo appears with no bar

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Your GT710 Nvidia GPU is not supported in macOS Ventura. That is your main problem.

Try installing Big Sur or Monterey. For Monterey to work with your setup you would need to be using an early version of Monterey 12.3 or earlier. As the most recent versions of macOS 12 don't support Nvidia GPU's either. Even when using the Nvidia Legacy Patcher.

Do not use OpenCore Legacy Patcher on a Hackintosh, it is meant for use on Real Mac's, not Hack's.

pampas

AMD OS X Member
Your GT710 Nvidia GPU is not supported in macOS Ventura. That is your main problem.

Try installing Big Sur or Monterey. For Monterey to work with your setup you would need to be using an early version of Monterey 12.3 or earlier. As the most recent versions of macOS 12 don't support Nvidia GPU's either. Even when using the Nvidia Legacy Patcher.

Do not use OpenCore Legacy Patcher on a Hackintosh, it is meant for use on Real Mac's, not Hack's.
@Edhawk I'm actually using Monterrey 12.4.
I think Nvidia Kepler patcher V5 works for gt710, am I wrong?

I'm running Monterrey with OC 0.8.5 now

Last edited:

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Last I read the Geforce Kepler Patcher stopped working. Guess I am a bit behind with my reading!
  • Chris1111's Github page now offers the V5 release for Monterey 12.5 or newer and that includes Ventura Beta 7 or newer.
  • You know better than me as to whether it works in the later versions of Monterey, as you are currently using the App on 12.4.
Are you trying to upgrade from Monterey or a clean installation on a new HDD? Trying to update from an Unsealed Snapshot may not work.

Looking at your config.plist.
  1. You need to be using the latest version of the AMD Kernel > Patches.
    1. Your config only has 16 kernel patches, the latest release contains 18 patches.
    2. The latest patches include comments that mention Ventura 13.0.
    3. The Patches you are using don't mention Ventura 13.0.
    4. The latest patches can be downloaded from the link below.
      1. https://github.com/AMD-OSX/AMD_Vanilla.
  2. You have Kernel > Quirks >XhciPortLimit enabled, this doesn't work in macOS since Big Sur 11.3. So disable the quirk.
  3. The Misc > Security > SecureBootModel is set as Disabled. This is not correct when using the iMac1,1 SMBIOS as you are doing.
    1. It should normally be set as Default when using a T2 compatible SMBIOS, such as the iMacPro1,1.
    2. But maybe your Nvidia card and use of the Geforce Kepler Patches require this to be entry to be set as Disabled.
Hope this helps.

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator

Huh? Kepler works perfectly on the newest Monterey version, and even on Ventura with OCLP (do not use chris1111's garbage)

@pampas Enable verbose so we can help you.

pampas

AMD OS X Member
Last I read the Geforce Kepler Patcher stopped working. Guess I am a bit behind with my reading!
  • Chris1111's Github page now offers the V5 release for Monterey 12.5 or newer and that includes Ventura Beta 7 or newer.
  • You know better than me as to whether it works in the later versions of Monterey, as you are currently using the App on 12.4.
Are you trying to upgrade from Monterey or a clean installation on a new HDD? Trying to update from an Unsealed Snapshot may not work.

Looking at your config.plist.
  1. You need to be using the latest version of the AMD Kernel > Patches.
    1. Your config only has 16 kernel patches, the latest release contains 18 patches.
    2. The latest patches include comments that mention Ventura 13.0.
    3. The Patches you are using don't mention Ventura 13.0.
    4. The latest patches can be downloaded from the link below.
      1. https://github.com/AMD-OSX/AMD_Vanilla.
  2. You have Kernel > Quirks >XhciPortLimit enabled, this doesn't work in macOS since Big Sur 11.3. So disable the quirk.
  3. The Misc > Security > SecureBootModel is set as Disabled. This is not correct when using the iMac1,1 SMBIOS as you are doing.
    1. It should normally be set as Default when using a T2 compatible SMBIOS, such as the iMacPro1,1.
    2. But maybe your Nvidia card and use of the Geforce Kepler Patches require this to be entry to be set as Disabled.
Hope this helps.
First of all Thank you very much for your time nd help. I will change those things... and try again

pampas

AMD OS X Member
Huh? Kepler works perfectly on the newest Monterey version, and even on Ventura with OCLP (do not use chris1111's garbage)

@pampas Enable verbose so we can help you.
ok I've been using Chris111 patcher and it worked fine but I'll change with OC, thanks for your help.
Let you know...

pampas

AMD OS X Member
I can't change to verbose mode, added -v to nvram boot args but still appears the apple logo and bar.
How can I solve it?

my EFI charges until middle bar and stops

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Do not use OCLP on a Hackintosh, it is not designed to work on a Hack and the OCLP developers state this quite clearly in their guide.

OCLP is an offshoot of OC bootloader that is meant for use solely on real Mac's. Apple Mac systems that are no longer supported by Apple to work with the newest versions of macOS i.e. Big Sur, Monterey and Ventura, with the later still a work in progress for some older systems.

You may be able to use part of the OCLP GUI to patch your Hack, specifically for the Nvidia Kepler drivers, as a post install action. But it should not be used to create your macOS Installer, USB pen drive and to install macOS.

pampas

AMD OS X Member
Do not use OCLP on a Hackintosh, it is not designed to work on a Hack and the OCLP developers state this quite clearly in their guide.

OCLP is an offshoot of OC bootloader that is meant for use solely on real Mac's. Apple Mac systems that are no longer supported by Apple to work with the newest versions of macOS i.e. Big Sur, Monterey and Ventura, with the later still a work in progress for some older systems.

You may be able to use part of the OCLP GUI to patch your Hack, specifically for the Nvidia Kepler drivers, as a post install action. But it should not be used to create your macOS Installer, USB pen drive and to install macOS.
can you tell me how to enable verbose mode?
I can't change to verbose mode, added -v to nvram boot args but still appears the apple logo and bar

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
You may need to use the ClearNvram or ResetNvram tool from the OC boot screen for any changes you made to be implemented.

Press the ‘Spacebar’ while on the OC boot screen, this will display/unhindered the Tools, where you should see a ResetNvram icon.

pampas

AMD OS X Member
it impossible to make it run...
can you check the info please an tell me where the problem is.
I´m a bit nerd on hackintoshing

Thanks a lot

Attachments

• opencore-2022-10-29-185419.txt
    256 KB · Views: 0
  • config.plist
    34.2 KB · Views: 0

pampas

AMD OS X Member
OK, he podido actualizar a Monterrey 12.5 y usar Gforce Ptcher V5.
Estoy intentando actualizar a 0.8.6 pero es imposible hacerlo.
He puesto el nuevo patch y actualizado los kexts pero se queda a mitad de camino.

Por favor, alguien puede echarme una mano con la actualización de OC??
Subo la EFI para poder chequear.
Saludos

Attachments

• config.plist
    33.8 KB · Views: 0
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.