Help with sound?

Graystarr

AMD OS X Member
I successfully upgraded to Ventura but now my built-in sound on my motherboard isnt working. the only sound that works is thru the HDMI. Can someone help? Gigabyte B450M DS3H V2

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Questions:
  1. Which Realtek Audio Codec does your motherboard use?
    • The Gigabyte specification page and manual for your motherboard are silent on this matter.
  2. Have you added AppleALC.kext to your /EFI/OC/Kexts folder, with a companion entry in the config.plist for the kext?
    • As this is the standard kext required for Realtek audio to work.
  3. Which Audio layout-id are you using?
  4. How are you specifying the layout-id,
    • By boot argument e.g. alcid=1, or
    • By specifying the DeviceProperties for the audio device in the config.plist?
If you are dual booting Windows, looking at the Device Manager properties for the Audio device will tell you which codec your motherboard uses.

In macOS you can install Hackintool application and look at the System > Peripherals tab, example below, it might show you which codec is present.
Screenshot 2022-11-18 at 18.15.33.png example Hackintool - System > Peripherals tab with Realtek Audio codec highlighted.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.