Help with B650 + Ryzen 7700x, cannot boot into OS X

Cheesetoast

AMD OS X Member
Hello all, I am very familiar with hackintosh's as I have been using a 4th gen i7 for 8 years and have just upgraded to the following:

Gigabyte B650 Aorus Elite AX
Ryzen 7 - 7700x
Western Digital SN850x 1tb NVME ssd
Radeon RX6600 XT
32gb Corsair 5600 Ram

I cannot get the boot to get past the following 4 lines:
MAC Framework successfully initialized
AppleKeyStore:863:0: oy vey
AMFIInitializedLocalSigningPublicKey: failed to get local signing public key (e00002bc)
using 16384 buffer headers and 10240 IO buffer headers

I have read through the 96 page thread here about ryzen 7000, gone through the install guide multiple times, tried many settings in the config.plist, made sure i'm on the latest bios (f3b) and also tried the previous version, tried changing many bios settings (all are set per the guide) google'd the errors and I still can't get past this point.
The only thing left is removing the wifi/bluetooth adapter from the motherboard (there's no where to disable it in the bios).
I get the same error if I try to boot into a working Monterey install via USB or Sata, a Monterey installer on usb and a big sur installer on a different usb.

Windows 11 runs without issues on this machine

Any suggestions? My EFI folder is attached.

Last edited:

Cheesetoast

AMD OS X Member
This has been resolved. There is a defect in the UEFI bios. I now am bootable thanks to CorpNewt. I will post a guide etc when things are 100%

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
This has been resolved. There is a defect in the UEFI bios. I now am bootable thanks to CorpNewt. I will post a guide etc when things are 100%
Any tip you can pass along? I've got a Gigabyte B650M Arous Elite AX I'm trying to get to boot.

Cheesetoast

AMD OS X Member
Definitely (I noticed you are a B650M, i'm not sure if your bios also has the defect, but the bios version here will differ most likely. To check for the defect code, try to run ssdt time and decompile the bios, if it gives a decompile error, it most likely has the same bug)

The issue with this board is the decompile error you get when running ssdttime. The dsdt was compiled by Gigabyte with an error in it. I have provided the info to them, so hopefully one day it will be fixed.
I worked with an amazing member of the hackintosh community who was able to correct the error and create a patch and provided a fixed dsdt.aml if needed, it is included.

Use the latest bios (F3h at this time), it was posted a few days ago to gigabytes site. (Update Feb 6/2023, F3 is posted to gigabytes site, the bug is still present and the patch below is required)
Everything is working EXCEPT on board wifi and bluetooth, it uses hardware that there are not drivers available for Mac OS (that i could find), I don’t need these, so i’m not actively tryign to fix them. Wifi is Mediatek MT7922 802.11ax, Bluetooth is RZ616
I have not fully tested all the USB ports yet

This is the magic patch that this board MUST have until Gigabyte fixes their bios.
Under ACPI: Patch: (included in the efi attached)
<dict>
<key>Base</key>
<string></string>
<key>BaseSkip</key>
<integer>0</integer>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>GPP7 _PRW to XPRW rename to fix Gigabyte's mistake</string>
<key>Count</key>
<integer>0</integer>
<key>Enabled</key>
<true/>
<key>Find</key>
<data>AgAUD19QUlc=</data>
<key>Limit</key>
<integer>0</integer>
<key>Mask</key>
<data></data>
<key>OemTableId</key>
<data>AAAAAA==</data>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>AgAUD1hQUlc=</data>
<key>ReplaceMask</key>
<data></data>
<key>Skip</key>
<integer>0</integer>
<key>TableLength</key>
<integer>0</integer>
<key>TableSignature</key>
<data></data>
</dict>

To adapt this EFI to your CPU, your GPU and your Region, the following changes must be made:
• Change the kernel patch to reflect the number of physical CPU cores in your processor; I'm using a Ryzen 7 7700X which has 8 cores, so if you are using a different processor, modify the first 3 kernel patches as per dortania guides
• Also copy or create Serial numbers in PlatformInfo -> DataHub section
• If using a 2, 4, or 6 core CPU, change ProcessorType to 1537
• If using a CPU with 8 or more cores, set ProcessorType to 3841
• Enter the name of your CPU in NVRAM section so that it appears correctly in About this Mac
• Remove boot-argument agdpmod=pikera if using RX 550, 560, 570, 580, Vega 56, Vega 64, and Radeon VI
• In the NVRAM section just under boot-args there is a parameter called prev-lang:kbd; it is currently set to en-US:0, but you can change that to your region

Bios Settings:
Disable
• Fast Boot
• Secure Boot
• Compatibility Support Module (CSM) (Must be off in most cases, GPU errors/stalls like gIO are common when this option is enabled)
• IOMMU
• Legacy USB Support
• Integrated Graphics

Enable:
• Above 4G Decoding
• EHCI/XHCI Hand-off
• SATA Mode: AHCI

Attachments

• B650 Aorus Elite AX.zip
    6.6 MB · Views: 88
Last edited:

Sam100Herizo2023

AMD OS X Member
Hello friends, I used that EFI since we have the same motherboard (Aorus B650 Elite AX) but still can’t boot (Niresh Mojave with Transmac/Monterey.raw/Ventura.raw with Balena Etcher). I have R9 7900X CPU and RX 6900XT GPU. Thanks for your help friends

Cheesetoast

AMD OS X Member
Did you follow the dortania guide to configure your bios and did you update my efi for your cpu cores?
Looks like you're not getting to os x yet. most likely an issue with boot acpi settings in opencore.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
No, it is more likely to be an issue with the Niresh Hackinzone Distro or one of the other non-vanilla processes he is using!

The EXITBS: START error is a well known and very common when people fail to configure their OC EFI correctly. There are numerous reasons for seeing this error and just as many fixes.

# Stuck on [EB|#LOG:EXITBS:START]

Cheesetoast

AMD OS X Member
Update: Audio Alc-id should be 69, not 66.
Changing the SMCAMDProcessor kext to the one from release 0.6.4 gives the ability for istat menus and other software to show/read the cpu temp.

dekuyt

AMD OS X Member
Definitely (I noticed you are a B650M, i'm not sure if your bios also has the defect, but the bios version here will differ most likely. To check for the defect code, try to run ssdt time and decompile the bios, if it gives a decompile error, it most likely has the same bug)

The issue with this board is the decompile error you get when running ssdttime. The dsdt was compiled by Gigabyte with an error in it. I have provided the info to them, so hopefully one day it will be fixed.
I worked with an amazing member of the hackintosh community who was able to correct the error and create a patch and provided a fixed dsdt.aml if needed, it is included.

Use the latest bios (F3h at this time), it was posted a few days ago to gigabytes site.
Everything is working EXCEPT on board wifi and bluetooth, it uses hardware that there are not drivers available for Mac OS (that i could find), I don’t need these, so i’m not actively tryign to fix them. Wifi is Mediatek MT7922 802.11ax, Bluetooth is RZ616
I have not fully tested all the USB ports yet

This is the magic patch that this board MUST have until Gigabyte fixes their bios.
Under ACPI: Patch: (included in the efi attached)
<dict>
<key>Base</key>
<string></string>
<key>BaseSkip</key>
<integer>0</integer>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>GPP7 _PRW to XPRW rename to fix Gigabyte's mistake</string>
<key>Count</key>
<integer>0</integer>
<key>Enabled</key>
<true/>
<key>Find</key>
<data>AgAUD19QUlc=</data>
<key>Limit</key>
<integer>0</integer>
<key>Mask</key>
<data></data>
<key>OemTableId</key>
<data>AAAAAA==</data>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>AgAUD1hQUlc=</data>
<key>ReplaceMask</key>
<data></data>
<key>Skip</key>
<integer>0</integer>
<key>TableLength</key>
<integer>0</integer>
<key>TableSignature</key>
<data></data>
</dict>

To adapt this EFI to your CPU, your GPU and your Region, the following changes must be made:
• Change the kernel patch to reflect the number of physical CPU cores in your processor; I'm using a Ryzen 7 7700X which has 8 cores, so if you are using a different processor, modify the first 3 kernel patches as per dortania guides
• Also copy or create Serial numbers in PlatformInfo -> DataHub section
• If using a 2, 4, or 6 core CPU, change ProcessorType to 1537
• If using a CPU with 8 or more cores, set ProcessorType to 3841
• Enter the name of your CPU in NVRAM section so that it appears correctly in About this Mac
• Remove boot-argument agdpmod=pikera if using RX 550, 560, 570, 580, Vega 56, Vega 64, and Radeon VI
• In the NVRAM section just under boot-args there is a parameter called prev-lang:kbd; it is currently set to en-US:0, but you can change that to your region

Bios Settings:
Disable
• Fast Boot
• Secure Boot
• Compatibility Support Module (CSM) (Must be off in most cases, GPU errors/stalls like gIO are common when this option is enabled)
• IOMMU
• Legacy USB Support
• Integrated Graphics

Enable:
• Above 4G Decoding
• EHCI/XHCI Hand-off
• SATA Mode: AHCI
Thank you guys. With this EFI I was able to install Ventura, map the usb ports, and spoof my 6900XT. Everything is working perfectly. Thank u @Sam100Herizo2023 For showing me the link of this EFI in the other topic

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.