[HELP] I need to debug this kernel panic

Jumper981

AMD OS X Member
Hi to all!
Maybe someone know how to help me.
I leaved my system alone, and in the meanwhile crashed and i cannot debug this kernel panic to find the culprit.

Kernel Log attached.

Many thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Kernel-2023-07-29-215730.panic.zip
    3.9 KB · Views: 6

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
What's the specs of your setup? Please add it in your profile. Also please post your EFI file if possible (remove all serials from PlatformInfo section).

Jumper981

AMD OS X Member
Hi, thanks for your answer, unfortunately i cannot find how to add them so i'll just write here:
7950X / ASRock X670E PG Lightning / Sapphire RX 550 / 980Pro / 6000 DDR5
EFI Attached.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    14.9 MB · Views: 2

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator

Jumper981

AMD OS X Member
Many thanks!
Info added now.
I'll check but i'll probably end up without DRMs as I tought this flag was necessary for those.

EDIT:
As expected, no DRMs without this flag.

Last edited:

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
Hi, thanks for your answer, unfortunately i cannot find how to add them so i'll just write here:
7950X / ASRock X670E PG Lightning / Sapphire RX 550 / 980Pro / 6000 DDR5
EFI Attached.
@Jumper981,
Okay. I've looked at your EFI and from your specs I see three potential issues:

1) It seems you have unnecessary ACPI patches compared to other 7950 builds?
Were these generated by SSDTTime or not? If not please remove them, they may be conflicting and causing KPs.

Screenshot 2023-07-31 at 7.46.28 AM.png

2) You are using a non-default EC and USBX ACPI Table combo in your EFI.

SSDT-ASROCK-X670.aml could be a potential source of problems since it it's not the usual EC & USBX setup.

3) Your Samsung 980 Pro may cause issues because of macOS compatibility problems.
980 Pro is known to cause issues with TRIM in macOS. It may need a new firmware update which was recently released.

I also thought you should check out @CaseySJ's post here regarding the 7950X

Jumper981

AMD OS X Member
1) yes probably I don’t need to correct IRQ Conflicts and HPET as I read that is not found on newer macs, thought those were generated by SSDTTime.
2) I think I will restore the old patches, despite they seems to be all implemented there with SSDT-ASRock-X670.
3) I think I updated the firmware likely 1 year ago, I need to check if there are other updates.

Which post you were pointing at of CaseySJ?

Thanks.

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
Which post you were pointing at of CaseySJ?

Thanks.
The one that starts ‘What we know so far’. It mentions issues that you should be aware of regarding the Ryzen 7000 series with Ventura.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.