Hello and advice needed on Ryzen 2600/ Gigabyte Aorus Elite B450/RX 580 Hackintosh build

Shanny

AMD OS X Member
Hi Have an old 2011 Imac getting a bit sick of only being able to run High Sierra and missing out on just about all updates and improvements. I have an older Ryzen system and thought why not!

First time trying this so bear with me. Can it be done, has it been done looking fwd to your answers and help
ta Shanny

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
Hi Have an old 2011 Imac getting a bit sick of only being able to run High Sierra and missing out on just about all updates and improvements. I have an older Ryzen system and thought why not!

First time trying this so bear with me. Can it be done, has it been done looking fwd to your answers and help
ta Shanny
Hi @Shanny,

Hi and welcome.

To answer your question, yes it's absolutely possible! In fact I had just recommended someone the other day such a build:

The build should work with your setup off-the-cuff using the Opencore 0.7.8. bootloader. You'll need to place the EFI into the EFI partition of your macOS boot drive or USB installation stick and generate one of the numbers using SSDTPrGen. The full guide to making the installation stick is found here

However you will need to remove whatever boot-arg has been set for the RX5700 on this build which is changing the setting of agdpmod=pikera to agdpmod=ignore for your RX580.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.