Have an old AM4 Mobo. Looking forward to turning it into a Hackintosh. Would appreciate your CPU suggestions.

KartSriv

AMD OS X Member
Hello, folks!
I have an old Asus B350 Plus Motherboard laying around for a while and I am looking forward to turning it into a Hackintosh. I don't have a compatible CPU as of this moment and would appreciate your suggestions for a CPU under 100$. I was hoping to run some basic apple proprietary apps such as Facetime, iMessage and stuff that runs exclusively on macOS. Really value each and every one of your input. Thank you in advance.

Yours truly,
Kart <3

KartSriv

AMD OS X Member
I found a couple of listings for cheap Ryzen processors. Ryzen 3 2200G and Ryzen 3 3100. Will macOS run stably on this machine or should I just stick with Windows? Fortunately, I am not in need of a Mac since I already got one but it would be awesome to have another one to do just basic stuff like browsing and OneNote. All I really want is FaceTime and iMessage. iPhone sync is something I adore. Is it really worth buying one of those CPUs? Also, I don't have a GPU, I was banking on making the integrated graphics do the work. Anyways, thank you in advance once again and have a great day : D

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Integrated GPU won't work I'm afraid. The CPU part would work but the iGPU being there will create issues. Also if you're wanting hand-off etc with your iPhone you'll need a natively supported WiFi - BT combo card.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.