Greetings Community, HELP!

PeeBone

AMD OS X Member
Greetings my fellow Hackintoshers, I have put together a rig that I am desperately trying to make a Hackintosh for Music Production for months. My greatest struggle has been my config.plist file. Maybe my EFI folder is jacked up as well.

AMD Threadripper 1950X
Gigabyte Aorus X399 Pro
Gigabyte Radeon RX 590 8GB
32 GB Corsair 2400MHz DDR4
Noctua NH-U14S TR4-SP3
Sabrent Rocket Q 1TB NVMe M.2 SSD x 2
Seasonic Gold 1200-watt PSU

Is there anyone in this community that would be willing to help me? Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks to you, PeeBone

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Try this OpenCore 0.8.1 EFI folder.

It has been set to work with an AMD Threadripper 16-core CPU.
Uses the latest AMD kernel patches.
Uses the OC GUI boot screen.

See how and if it works.

Post a photo of the verbose text if it kernel panics, so we can see what is happening.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    11 MB · Views: 8

PeeBone

AMD OS X Member

See how and if it works.

Post a photo of the verbose text if it kernel panics, so we can see what is happening.
Thank you so much! This means so much, thank you again!

PeeBone

AMD OS X Member

See how and if it works.

Post a photo of the verbose text if it kernel panics, so we can see what is

See how and if it works.

Here's what just happened.

Attachments

• IMG_1882.JPG
    IMG_1882.JPG
    4.7 MB · Views: 15

PeeBone

AMD OS X Member

See how and if it works.

Kernel Panic;

Attachments

• IMG_1882.JPG
    IMG_1882.JPG
    4.7 MB · Views: 12

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Those photos show the end of the kernel panic, not what caused the system to KP. Can you post a photo of the whole screen as the cause may be shown at the top of the screen, or if we are unlucky on the screen before the end sequence.

PeeBone

AMD OS X Member
Those photos show the end of the kernel panic, not what caused the system to KP. Can you post a photo of the whole screen as the cause may be shown at the top of the screen, or if we are unlucky on the screen before the end sequence.
I'm sorry here is the more detailed full-screen shots as you asked they are in load order. Also, there is something about (sip) should I leave it or enable it. By the way, I'm trying to install macOS Catalina.

Attachments

• IMG_1884.JPG
    IMG_1884.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1885.JPG
    IMG_1885.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1883.JPG
    IMG_1883.JPG
    5.9 MB · Views: 10
Last edited:

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
No photo attached!

OK, installing macOS Catalina requires a change to the UEFI > APFS> MinDate and MinVersion entries in the config.plist. I set them to work with Big Sur or Monterey.

I have revised the config.plist, so try booting with this version and let me know if this helps.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    11 MB · Views: 3

PeeBone

AMD OS X Member
No photo attached!

OK, installing macOS Catalina requires a change to the UEFI > APFS> MinDate and MinVersion entries in the config.plist. I set them to work with Big Sur or Monterey.

I have revised the config.plist, so try booting with this version and let me know if this helps.
Greetings Edhawk, same thing as those verbose screens with that kernel panic. Doing this OPENCORE has proven to be the most difficult build ever. I do appreciate every bit of all your help.

Thank you, PeeBone

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Can you provide a Verbose text photo or video of the boot process, having used the new EFI.

PeeBone

AMD OS X Member
Trying to post the video is sort of challenging however I'll get it done today for you.

Thank you so much, my Brother

PeeBone

AMD OS X Member
I thought you should know I've asked Shaneee for help as well, he created this EFI folder that booted into the install page but I believe my Windows disk may be causing me problems with the install.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    11 MB · Views: 3

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Not a problem, just don't mix the EFI's.

Temporarily remove the Windows drive, while you install macOS. That way you can eliminate any issues that may be caused by your Windows drive.

PeeBone

AMD OS X Member
Not a problem, just don't mix the EFI's.

Temporarily remove the Windows drive, while you install macOS. That way you can eliminate any issues that may be caused by your Windows drive.
Greetinngs Edhawk,
Here's what happens after the install quits to reboot.
The install never goes to the Apple logo screen during the install it stays in the Catalina screen. The install goes until 2 minutes are left and then the computer goes into a reboot however this screen below comes up without the drive that the MacOS was just installed.

Attachments

• IMG_1887.JPG
    IMG_1887.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 8

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
The reason the macOS drive is not showing is you are installing macOS Catalina, the config.plist has the APFS > MinDate and MinVersion entries set for the APFS used in Big Sur and Monterery.

I have changed the two entries so the boot screen should now show the icon for the drive where you installed Catalina.

Try this EFI and see if the Catalina icon appears.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    11 MB · Views: 6

PeeBone

AMD OS X Member
The reason the macOS drive is not showing is you are installing macOS Catalina, the config.plist has the APFS > MinDate and MinVersion entries set for the APFS used in Big Sur and Monterery.

I have changed the two entries so the boot screen should now show the icon for the drive where you installed Catalina.

Try this EFI and see if the Catalina icon appears.
Greetings Edhawk, after the OS installs and the system tries to boot from the macOS drive Catalina is installed it freezes at this point.

Thank you, Edhawk

Attachments

• IMG_1888.JPG
    IMG_1888.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 8

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
I'll be honest, that image tells me nothing useful.
  1. Do you still have the -v (verbose) boot argument in your config.plist?
  2. Does this screen appear after the verbose text has finished flashing across the screen?
  3. Does it remain like this for a long time?
  4. Can you hear any disk or see any HD LED activity?
  5. How long did you leave the screen in this state, before you rebooted the system?
  6. If less than 45minutes, just leave it and see if anything changes.
  7. When you reboot the system and select the macOS icon, does it go back to this screen and remain there?

PeeBone

AMD OS X Member
I'll be honest, that image tells me nothing useful.
  1. Do you still have the -v (verbose) boot argument in your config.plist?
  2. Does this screen appear after the verbose text has finished flashing across the screen?
  3. Does it remain like this for a long time?
  4. Can you hear any disk or see any HD LED activity?
  5. How long did you leave the screen in this state, before you rebooted the system?
  6. If less than 45minutes, just leave it and see if anything changes.
  7. When you reboot the system and select the macOS icon, does it go back to this screen and remain there?
Greetings Edhawk, there's been a death in my family. I'm sorry about not being able to contact you regarding my progress. However, I have a video of the booting sequence I just don't know how to convert it to be able to upload to the forum. As always thank you so much for all of your exemplary help.

PeeBone

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Compress/zip the video and attach it here or post it to an online storage space and provide a link so I can watch/download the video.

My condolences on the recent bereavement in your family.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.