Gigabyte X670 Gaming X AX - Ventura 13.6.6 OC 0.99 Post Install Ethernet Realtec chipset not detected and can't be properly configured

Mac Arthur

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Hi all,

Sorry @CaseySJ for polluting your initial post about your Asus X670 Gene, here is mine as many contributors tried to help me.
Config in signature
So far, on OC 0.99 I am able to successfully:
  • Get the Ventura 13.6.6 Apple install menu
  • Get the utility disk menu to format my internal SSD
  • Go through the 1st steps of installation (17min then 29min...)
  • Reboot on the macOS installer
  • Reboot on the internal SSD (get rid off the macOS installer from the USB)

But then I continuously reboot on the last menu with either the Ventua installer or the internal SSD and never reach the Welcome screen of macOS "Choose your country".

This is exactly the same issue, whatever I try to install Big Sur, Monterey, Ventura or Sonoma.

Here are a few screenshots and the currently tested EFI which need to be corrected.
This EFI has been prepared:
  • with the "generic" EFI from Casey (initial post updated to OC 0.94, latest one available from him)
  • updated to OC 0.99
  • All his recommendations regarding BIOS setup, MMIOs discovered, number of physical cores in CPU, RAM information, included in his first 3 posts have been followed.
  • USB mapping has been done under Windows with USBTool box and relevant SSDT disabled, and kexts added.

The "tailored made EFI" is the one attached to the post.

I am looking for additional input as I no longer see what to further investigate...
Thanks a lot to those who already tried to help me... and welcome to new ideas :cool: I won't give up !

bFzH3Ia.jpg

5enc4Tx.jpg

iArAswB.jpg

Attachments

• EFI 01000 ok copie.zip
    6.6 MB · Views: 12

mariettosun

Guru
Guru
AMD OS X Member
hi
some question:
1) CaseySJ | IOPCIIsHotplugPort | Fix PCI bus enumeration on AM5 | 13.0+
why this is disabled?
I am asking because all of us needs of this patch (all of us AM5 users)
2) this two patches:
1713866095124.png
why are they enabled?
AM5 does no need of them
3)Device Properties
if i am not wrong, your system never booted in any OSX...and this DP are surely from another users/motherboard/device setting
4) not so important but this is not mandatory:
1713866260986.png

5) also this i would simplify disabling all kext not mandatory to boot:
1713866335424.png

Now some important question:
1) have you built an USB pen with a full macOS Ventura 13.6.6 installer?
if so are you sure it is well done?
2) your system has in ACPi two acpi patches usuful to solve Gigabyte ACPI bug with OSX
Both of them are mandatory?
3) when a initial installation fails you have to reboot your system, and use always mac OS installer to try again, and first of this reset your Nvram
Do not use any new icons created in first installation steps

Now, what i would do in this situation:
Take your EFi which leads you to OSX screen to format your SSD disk and see if you are able to go there again
if so, clean your EFI as i said above (minimal kexts and no DP declared in your config.plist)
If you cant go again to that step, double check your bios settings (motherboard)

Use also an Opencore debug version to check MMIO areas (in opencore log) and reassign (skip 1/enable) only one MMIO areas and no all five or four ones

Mac Arthur

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
1st of all thanks again for the time you are spending with me.
I really appreciate your involvement and your knowledge. I am on Intel Hacks for 8 years, since High sierra but I have not reach your level of expertise...

1) and 2)
adjusted as you suggested
3) All DP removed
4) GPU UUID removed in NVRAM
5) boot-args adjusted

Important questions:
Yes I am 100% sure about my installers. All are on an external SSD as in addition to Hackintoshes I am installing a lot of macOS on real Macs for users. All installers have been made with MDS tool and I am confident with them. SSD is also mandatory if you don't want to waste time with multiple installs. I have on the same 1TB SSD all from Lion to Sonoma.

Regarding ACPI patches for Gigabyte... I have no idea :) All Gigabyte EFI I examined were like that so I keep them (for the time being? ;-) )

I always start from scratch and reset NVRAM. I know from @CaseySJ that the longer the better.. :)

MMIOs were already adjusted (only the 2nd one is necessary)

While replying to you the install is ongoing, let see !

Well... I don't know what to say now, I am just speechless.

YOU ARE JUST THE MAN !!!!!!!!!!

It has been 4 days I was continuously struggling on this EFI 10 hours a day and... following one by one all your latest advices in this new thread here is what I get :)

dLg7YQS.jpg

To be honest when starting the install with your EFI I was not so confident as the internal SSD (on the left of the screenshot) was appearing as External... :cool:
But if you don't try...

JMkEiLZ.jpg

Once again I don't know how to thank you again!!!
I know this is only the 1st step and that there is still a lot of work to do to tune up the install by enriching the EFI but I am going to 1st finalise the Ventura install.
I never saw it before... on an AMD Hackintosh, and it's mine!

I wanted to congrats you and share your success) :)

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator

mariettosun

Guru
Guru
AMD OS X Member
Eheheh I prefer trx40 man🥹
Orange icon is a minor step to do and you can achieve it via quirk or dp setting
Install an check what is working and if your system is stable for your need
On Amd all could work well and better of your intel hack
Only some apps may have need to additional attention to work perfectly

Mac Arthur

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
System seems to be stable for the time being.
EFI has been modified to reflect internal disks to be displayed as such (no more yellow icons) (Innie.kext).
So far neither Ethernet nor Wifi network, this prevent Apple to push me to upgrade to Sonoma! :cool:
Gonna work on it, after upgrading on the just released Sonoma 14.5ß3 on the Intel Hack grand brother.
Stay tuned :)
Updated EFI reflecting changes since yesterday attached.

uCKAWda.jpg

Attachments

• EFI OK copie.zip
    6.6 MB · Views: 2

jan001232

AMD OS X Member
For Ethernet, try "" AppleIntelI210Ethernet.kext "" or "" LucyRTL8125Ethernet.kext "" in Attachments

Attachments

• reseau.zip
    154.2 KB · Views: 2
  • reseau Lucy.zip
    54.4 KB · Views: 1

Mac Arthur

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
I guess I deserve a short break :)
Can't find why....

uf8Ml5T.jpg

Attachments

• EFI copie.zip
    21.2 MB · Views: 2

jan001232

AMD OS X Member
(1) I said that you only need to inject 1 kext for Ethernet. You only need one of two. Not both together. Define which one is good for your network card .

(2) If that doesn't work, delete the following kexts AirportItlwm-Ventura.kext, SMCRadeonGPU.kext, SMCSuperIO.kext, Innie.kext, RadeonSensor.kext and if it is not you who created USBMap also delete this 2 kext UTBMap.kext, USBToolBox.kext . You can add them after installation one by one.

Last edited:

Mac Arthur

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
1) Only one is activated so there should not be any conflict.
2) Why should I delete the others? :cool:
I have created UTBMap.kext under Windows and all my ports are perfectly seen from the Hack. No reason to inactivate.
The problem should be somewhere else but I can't find...

jan001232

AMD OS X Member
1) Only one is activated so there should not be any conflict.
2) Why should I delete the others? :cool:
I have created UTBMap.kext under Windows and all my ports are perfectly seen from the Hack. No reason to inactivate.
The problem should be somewhere else but I can't find...
This is the kext likely to create conflicts and is the quickest solution to possessed by elimination. Nothing stops you from putting it back if it doesn't work.
Noticed : In the screenshot the "critical error" occurs just after loading kext LucyRTL8125E, so I will remove it just to see if boot loading would take longer.
Also maybe the folder that contains the LucyRTL8125E kext are corrupted or damaged.

Last edited:

jan001232

AMD OS X Member
Try adding in NVRAM ⇾ boot-args e1000=0

Last edited:

Mac Arthur

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Well my Ethernet chipset is RTL8125 so it's LucyRTL8125Ethernet.kext to be added.
Regarding Wifi I have added Airportitlwm kexts for both Ventura and Sonoma. Both are working fine on my Intel Hack.
I must again have missed something.
Let's wait for @mariettosun to pass by :cool:
No hurry, rush is the best enemy of Hackintoshing....

Attachments

• EFI copie.zip
    35.4 MB · Views: 7

Mac Arthur

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
You miss the point.
There are 2 different kexts for Wifi one for Monterey and one forSonoma.
This has been extensively discussed here for example and It is no solved out. No freeze as long as you use the proper kext.
I am not upgrading from Monterey to Sonoma. I have 2 different macOS installed on 2 different partitions (On my Intel Hack are installed all macOS from Catalina to Sonoma).
All is working fine.
I just want now to enable both Ethernet and Wifi. No other point to solve for the time being.
Step by step... :cool:

mariettosun

Guru
Guru
AMD OS X Member
@Mac Arthur could you do a summary of problems you have now with this hack?
Lucy kext does not work?
Airport kext the same?

jan001232

AMD OS X Member
You miss the point.
There are 2 different kexts for Wifi one for Monterey and one forSonoma.
This has been extensively discussed here for example and It is no solved out. No freeze as long as you use the proper kext.
I am not upgrading from Monterey to Sonoma. I have 2 different macOS installed on 2 different partitions (On my Intel Hack are installed all macOS from Catalina to Sonoma).
All is working fine.
I just want now to enable both Ethernet and Wifi. No other point to solve for the time being.
Step by step... :cool:

If all goes well… ? Why post…? And what is the reason for creating a salad Sonoma, Ventura etc...?

Last edited:

Mac Arthur

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Hi @mariettosun :cool:
Since successful install of Ventura yesterday I have been able to change SSD apparence as they should appear. All is fine. They now look as "internal".
I did as well a fresh install of Sonoma 14.5ß3 on a separate partition (as I have on my Intel Hack, working fine on this Intel hack)
Both Ventura and Sonoma are running fine and are stable.

I then tried to activate Ethernet with the LucyRTL8125Ethernet.kext as it matches the Realtec controller I have on my MB.
I tried as well to activate Wifi on Ventura and Sonoma..
None of these 3 activations are currently working... and really don't have any idea why, as it is not that difficult.
EFI under testing attached.

Attachments

• EFI copie-1.zip
    35.3 MB · Views: 4

mariettosun

Guru
Guru
AMD OS X Member
i wouldnt use innie.kext to solve orange icons problem
other part of your EFI seems fine and i do not know if ethernet problem is about a missing device id
also wifi is a MT7922A22M, i do not know if this mediatek chip is supported by airport kext
my motherboard has a ax210 (intel), i changed it with a broadcom because i like to use apple ecosystem

Mac Arthur

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Thanks.
How did you solve the orange icon issue and why aren't you in favour of innie.kext? ;-) Good for me to know...
Wifi is for me a minor issue, as all my machines are running through Ethernet connections.
I am not a fan of the Apple ecosystem. Only fan of their macOSs and their old French keyboards I am used to.
Otherwise my "ecosystem" runs through a Synology NAS and Ethernet is for me THE solution.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.