AMD OS X Member
Spec:
Gigabyte B650 Aorus Elite AX (F3 Bios)
Ryzen 7 - 7700x
Western Digital SN850x 1tb NVME ssd
2x Western Digital SN770 2tb NVME ssd
Radeon RX6600 XT
32gb Corsair 5600 Ram

This board has a major issue, there is a decompile error when running ssdttime. This prevents Mac OS X from booting. The dsdt was compiled by Gigabyte with an error in it. I have provided the info to them, so hopefully one day it will be fixed. I worked with an amazing member of the hackintosh community who was able to correct the error and create a patch.

On the latest bios (F6b at this time)(Updated June 2023), posted to gigabytes site, the bug is still present and the patch below is required.
Everything is working EXCEPT on board wifi and bluetooth, it uses hardware that there are not drivers available for Mac OS (that i could find), I don’t need these, so i’m not actively trying to fix them. Wifi is Mediatek MT7922 802.11ax, Bluetooth is RZ616. No issues with USB ports that I know of. Note I am using an older SMDAMDProcessor.kext (0.6.4) so that iStat menus can read the cpu temp. Device property patches for internal NVME drives showing as internal instead of external are set. Machine is %100 stable, no crashes.

This is the magic patch that this board MUST have until Gigabyte fixes their bios.
Under ACPI: Patch: (included in the efi attached)
<dict>
<key>Base</key>
<string></string>
<key>BaseSkip</key>
<integer>0</integer>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>GPP7 _PRW to XPRW rename to fix Gigabyte's mistake</string>
<key>Count</key>
<integer>0</integer>
<key>Enabled</key>
<true/>
<key>Find</key>
<data>AgAUD19QUlc=</data>
<key>Limit</key>
<integer>0</integer>
<key>Mask</key>
<data></data>
<key>OemTableId</key>
<data>AAAAAA==</data>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>AgAUD1hQUlc=</data>
<key>ReplaceMask</key>
<data></data>
<key>Skip</key>
<integer>0</integer>
<key>TableLength</key>
<integer>0</integer>
<key>TableSignature</key>
<data></data>
</dict>

To adapt this EFI to your CPU, your GPU and your Region, the following changes must be made:
• Change the kernel patch to reflect the number of physical CPU cores in your processor; I'm using a Ryzen 7 7700X which has 8 cores, so if you are using a different processor, modify the first 3 kernel patches as per dortania guides
• Also copy or create Serial numbers in PlatformInfo -> DataHub section
• If using a 2, 4, or 6 core CPU, change ProcessorType to 1537
• If using a CPU with 8 or more cores, set ProcessorType to 3841
• Enter the name of your CPU in NVRAM section so that it appears correctly in About this Mac
• Remove boot-argument agdpmod=pikera if using RX 550, 560, 570, 580, Vega 56, Vega 64, and Radeon VI
• In the NVRAM section just under boot-args there is a parameter called prev-lang:kbd; it is currently set to en-US:0, but you can change that to your region

Bios Settings:
Disable
• Fast Boot
• Secure Boot
• Compatibility Support Module (CSM) (Must be off in most cases, GPU errors/stalls like gIO are common when this option is enabled)
• IOMMU
• Legacy USB Support
• Integrated Graphics

Enable:
• Above 4G Decoding
• EHCI/XHCI Hand-off
• SATA Mode: AHCI
• SVM Should be enabled if you want to be able to run VirtualBox 6.1.42 (7 will not run on AMD and 6 won't run on Ventura, you must use Monterey or older if you want to run VirtualBox)

See post below for updated config.plist and opencore 0.9.1

Attachments

• Gigabyte B650 Aorus Elite AX 7700x.zip
    8.9 MB · Views: 165
Last edited:

Cheesetoast

AMD OS X Member
Config Update April 11, 2023
I'm still using BIOS F3 release
Updated to Opencore 0.9.1
ACPI -> Quirks -> disabled 'ResetLogoStatus'
Kernel -> Patch -> Changed from algrey mtrr_update_action fix PAT patch to shaneee - resulted in 3x faster geekbench gpu compute score
Kernel -> Patch -> disabled patches for 13.0 and pre 12.x - Note you will have to change these if you are using a different OS version

Make sure you update your kext files and opencore installation

Attachments

• config.plist.zip
    6.1 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:

dekuyt

AMD OS X Member
Spec:
Gigabyte B650 Aorus Elite AX (F3 Bios)
Ryzen 7 - 7700x
Western Digital SN850x 1tb NVME ssd
2x Western Digital SN770 2tb NVME ssd
Radeon RX6600 XT
32gb Corsair 5600 Ram

This board has a major issue, there is a decompile error when running ssdttime. This prevents Mac OS X from booting. The dsdt was compiled by Gigabyte with an error in it. I have provided the info to them, so hopefully one day it will be fixed. I worked with an amazing member of the hackintosh community who was able to correct the error and create a patch.

On the latest bios (F3 at this time), posted to gigabytes site, the bug is still present and the patch below is required.
Everything is working EXCEPT on board wifi and bluetooth, it uses hardware that there are not drivers available for Mac OS (that i could find), I don’t need these, so i’m not actively trying to fix them. Wifi is Mediatek MT7922 802.11ax, Bluetooth is RZ616. No issues with USB ports that I know of. Note I am using an older SMDAMDProcessor.kext (0.6.4) so that iStat menus can read the cpu temp. Device property patches for internal NVME drives showing as internal instead of external are set. Machine is %100 stable, no crashes.

This is the magic patch that this board MUST have until Gigabyte fixes their bios.
Under ACPI: Patch: (included in the efi attached)
<dict>
<key>Base</key>
<string></string>
<key>BaseSkip</key>
<integer>0</integer>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>GPP7 _PRW to XPRW rename to fix Gigabyte's mistake</string>
<key>Count</key>
<integer>0</integer>
<key>Enabled</key>
<true/>
<key>Find</key>
<data>AgAUD19QUlc=</data>
<key>Limit</key>
<integer>0</integer>
<key>Mask</key>
<data></data>
<key>OemTableId</key>
<data>AAAAAA==</data>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>AgAUD1hQUlc=</data>
<key>ReplaceMask</key>
<data></data>
<key>Skip</key>
<integer>0</integer>
<key>TableLength</key>
<integer>0</integer>
<key>TableSignature</key>
<data></data>
</dict>

To adapt this EFI to your CPU, your GPU and your Region, the following changes must be made:
• Change the kernel patch to reflect the number of physical CPU cores in your processor; I'm using a Ryzen 7 7700X which has 8 cores, so if you are using a different processor, modify the first 3 kernel patches as per dortania guides
• Also copy or create Serial numbers in PlatformInfo -> DataHub section
• If using a 2, 4, or 6 core CPU, change ProcessorType to 1537
• If using a CPU with 8 or more cores, set ProcessorType to 3841
• Enter the name of your CPU in NVRAM section so that it appears correctly in About this Mac
• Remove boot-argument agdpmod=pikera if using RX 550, 560, 570, 580, Vega 56, Vega 64, and Radeon VI
• In the NVRAM section just under boot-args there is a parameter called prev-lang:kbd; it is currently set to en-US:0, but you can change that to your region

Bios Settings:
Disable
• Fast Boot
• Secure Boot
• Compatibility Support Module (CSM) (Must be off in most cases, GPU errors/stalls like gIO are common when this option is enabled)
• IOMMU
• Legacy USB Support
• Integrated Graphics

Enable:
• Above 4G Decoding
• EHCI/XHCI Hand-off
• SATA Mode: AHCI
Thank u so much. Any news about new Bios? (f4b) Boot is more fast for me.

Cheesetoast

AMD OS X Member
Thank u so much. Any news about new Bios? (f4b) Boot is more fast for me.
I haven't tried f4b yet as my machine is 100% stable right now. Good to know about the faster boot, I will try F4 when it's out

jubarim

AMD OS X Member
Hi Cheesetoast,

I have a very similar machine:

Gigabyte B650 Aorus Pro AX (F4b bios)
Ryzen 9 - 7900x
Kingston SATA (until a new NVM.E arrives)
Radeon RX6800 XT
32gb 5600 Ram

I will try to use your EFI this week :)

Cheesetoast

AMD OS X Member
Hi Cheesetoast,

I have a very similar machine:

Gigabyte B650 Aorus Pro AX (F4b bios)
Ryzen 9 - 7900x
Kingston SATA (until a new NVM.E arrives)
Radeon RX6800 XT
32gb 5600 Ram

I will try to use your EFI this week :)
Keep in mind you may not need the GPP7 _PRW to XPRW rename patch as your board is not the exact same.

jubarim

AMD OS X Member
Keep in mind you may not need the GPP7 _PRW to XPRW rename patch as your board is not the exact same.
That's a good point, I will post the results here.

jubarim

AMD OS X Member
@Cheesetoast Haha, it didn't even boot, when I choose the recovery partition on opencore, it prints a few lines and reboots almost immediatelly.

I manage to record a video and capture the frame:

Screen Shot 2023-03-14 at 13.45.53.png

I am not sure if this is related to "GPP7 _PRW to XPRW rename patch", but I will remove it later today and try again.

jubarim

AMD OS X Member
Nope... the result was the same without the patch, so maybe the boot disk is not OK - I generated it on linux, maybe I did something wrong.

jubarim

AMD OS X Member
I created another install disk using my macbook pro and I managed to make it boot - I had to use your ""GPP7 _PRW to XPRW rename" patch @Cheesetoast .

I formatted the SATA drive successfully and installed mac os ventura on it. But in the first boot, it stopped entering opencore and it just reboots all the time... It's really odd, I have no idea what happened, because before installing I could enter opencore every time.

Now it doesn't even open opencore menu, just reboots...

Cheesetoast

AMD OS X Member
Posted an updated config.plist above.

dekuyt

AMD OS X Member

Cheesetoast

AMD OS X Member
It takes maybe 10-20 seconds to wake from sleep (video takes a bit to come on), otherwise fans and sleep are working fine. Check that you have your cpu fan in the cpu fan header and check fan settings in the bios.

Cheesetoast

AMD OS X Member
Update: Installed F6b BIOS, still has decompile error so patch is still needed. Mac OS still booting fine on it.

manolo2001

AMD OS X Member
Hi, new to AMD hackintoshing but have been making Intel ones for some time. I have a very simple question for you, I have the same exact MB, GPU etc, except that my CPU is a Ryzen 7 7700. I am guessing your EFI should work on my build right ?? The CPUs have the same number of cores, etc. Very small differences.

Cheesetoast

AMD OS X Member
Hi, new to AMD hackintoshing but have been making Intel ones for some time. I have a very simple question for you, I have the same exact MB, GPU etc, except that my CPU is a Ryzen 7 7700. I am guessing your EFI should work on my build right ?? The CPUs have the same number of cores, etc. Very small differences.

Yep, should work, make sure you remember to set the bios settings correctly and copy or create Serial numbers in PlatformInfo -> DataHub section
Also, I am now on bios 7a, same instructions apply. I would install the latest bios available.
The only issue I have had lately is the machine waking itself from sleep, this is likely related to my bt400 usb bluetooth module, if i disable bluetooth, sleep isn't an issue.

jubarim

AMD OS X Member
Yep, should work, make sure you remember to set the bios settings correctly and copy or create Serial numbers in PlatformInfo -> DataHub section
Also, I am now on bios 7a, same instructions apply. I would install the latest bios available.
The only issue I have had lately is the machine waking itself from sleep, this is likely related to my bt400 usb bluetooth module, if i disable bluetooth, sleep isn't an issue.

Mine also awakes from sleep from time to time, even with the wakeup options disabled in System Settings power option..

manolo2001

AMD OS X Member
thanks for the reply, I'll be letting you know how it all goes !!!! One last question, you are Running Monterey due to the VirtualBox limitation ?' Can you run Ventura and eventually Sonoma ? I am currently on the latest Ventura in my Hackisntosh, it's based on an i7-5775c, and have a smallish AMD Pro WX 4100, so given I have the hardware I'll be upgrading. On OC 0.8.3 I think, not sure, but it works.

Cheesetoast

AMD OS X Member
thanks for the reply, I'll be letting you know how it all goes !!!! One last question, you are Running Monterey due to the VirtualBox limitation ?' Can you run Ventura and eventually Sonoma ? I am currently on the latest Ventura in my Hackisntosh, it's based on an i7-5775c, and have a smallish AMD Pro WX 4100, so given I have the hardware I'll be upgrading. On OC 0.8.3 I think, not sure, but it works.
Yes, sticking to Monterey so I can run VitualBox. I did try Ventura briefly and it did work. I have not tried Sonoma. This would be a good time to update your OC as well. I'm currently on 0.9.1, newer probably works, i just haven't got around to updating it.

dekuyt

AMD OS X Member
Yes, sticking to Monterey so I can run VitualBox. I did try Ventura briefly and it did work. I have not tried Sonoma. This would be a good time to update your OC as well. I'm currently on 0.9.1, newer probably works, i just haven't got around to updating it.
Hi Friend. Any news about Sonoma with b650 aorus elite ax?

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.