Freezing on 18 minutes remaining

pinkiepurple

AMD OS X Member
It was just installing and it froze
Giving the erorr: preboot partition now mounted.....rn_image_picker_lib_temp_8bde3fd5-264c-4339-9ee3-c5f84851df26.jpg

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
It was just installing and it froze
Giving the erorr: preboot partition now mounted.....View attachment 13340
If want help then you must at a minimum list your hardware, include your SSD brand and type, it's also best to also upload your zipped EFI so we can evaluate it.

pinkiepurple

AMD OS X Member
If want help then you must at a minimum list your hardware, include your SSD brand and type, it's also best to also upload your zipped EFI so we can evaluate it.
Im out rn is it ok if i uploaded it after after few hours and i have a segate hdd

Attachments

• 28c11c41-f546-4953-9ad2-55ad2afc3eda.jpg
    28c11c41-f546-4953-9ad2-55ad2afc3eda.jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 3

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Im out rn is it ok if i uploaded it after after few hours and i have a segate hdd
Whenever suits you, the screen shot doesn't help much. Hopefully you are not really tying to install on a traditional Hard Disk drive.

pinkiepurple

AMD OS X Member
here's the efi
my specs are
cpu: amd ryzen 3 3250u
desktop: hp all in one 22_dd_0201in
ram: 12 gb (upgraded from 4 gb to 12 gb , 4+8gb soddim)
gpu : radeon vega 3 4gb(used uamf to set it to 4gb , above 4g decoding enabled )
storage : segate 1tb

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    19.4 MB · Views: 1

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Traditional means spinning hard drive, i.e. not SSD/NVMe drive.
  1. If Above 4G decoding is enabled, you need to remove the npci=0x2000 boot argument.
  2. You don't need the VoodooPS2Controller.kext, as you don't have a built-in keyboard and trackpad/mouse.
  3. USB keyboard and mouse should work without any additional kexts.
  4. I would recommend cleaning up the OC sub-folders, so any ACPI tables, Drivers, Kexts and Tools you are not using are not present to clutter your setup.
  5. It would also help others when they are reviewing your OC folder.
Here is a link to the specifications of your AIO HP system.

These two pages contain useful information regarding Realtek WiFi, Audio & Lan. Plus M.2 connectors, USB ports, Memory config and APU etc. used in your HP system.

pinkiepurple

AMD OS X Member
Traditional means spinning hard drive, i.e. not SSD/NVMe drive.
  1. If Above 4G decoding is enabled, you need to remove the npci=0x2000 boot argument.
  2. You don't need the VoodooPS2Controller.kext, as you don't have a built-in keyboard and trackpad/mouse.
  3. USB keyboard and mouse should work without any additional kexts.
  4. I would recommend cleaning up the OC sub-folders, so any ACPI tables, Drivers, Kexts and Tools you are not using are not present to clutter your setup.
  5. It would also help others when they are reviewing your OC folder.
Here is a link to the specifications of your AIO HP system.

These two pages contain useful information regarding Realtek WiFi, Audio & Lan. Plus M.2 connectors, USB ports, Memory config and APU etc. used in your HP system.
Its a spinning hard drive tho, will it still work

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
It will work with High Sierra. As that was the last version of macOS that could be installed on a GUID & HFS+ formatted drive.

I am not sure how good it will be in newer versions of macOS. As they expect an SSD to be used as the macOS boot drive and the drive to be formatted GUID & APFS.

Your HP AIO system has an M.2 connector, are you using it for a different OS?

pinkiepurple

AMD OS X Member
It will work with High Sierra. As that was the last version of macOS that could be installed on a GUID & HFS+ formatted drive.

I am not sure how good it will be in newer versions of macOS. As they expect an SSD to be used as the macOS boot drive and the drive to be formatted GUID & APFS.

Your HP AIO system has an M.2 connector, are you using it for a different OS?
Nope , i never planned of using an m.2 drive so that slot is empty + My parents think that its kinda expensive so it will be hard to convince them

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
A 1TB NVME drive currently costs around £60 on Amazon.co.uk, that is not too expensive. Even a 500GB NVMe drive would be a phenomenal upgrade for your system.

Alternatively swapping the spinning hard drive for a SATA SSD of equal capacity would also work and still provide a huge improvement to your current system setup.

pinkiepurple

AMD OS X Member
A 1TB NVME drive currently costs around £60 on Amazon.co.uk, that is not too expensive. Even a 500GB NVMe drive would be a phenomenal upgrade for your system.

Alternatively swapping the spinning hard drive for a SATA SSD of equal capacity would also work and still provide a huge improvement to your current system setup.
My parents are asian , they wont allow for that. I may need to work with a hard drive for now

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Then you are likely to struggle. While the hard drive will function, it will do so poorly.

Are you using the hard drive to boot more than one OS, I.e.do you already have Windows installed and plan to install macOS on a separate partition?

Also you can’t use NootedRed.kext in versions of macOS older than Catalina (10.15.x) due to changes Apple made to the iGPU Logic.

pinkiepurple

AMD OS X Member
Then you are likely to struggle. While the hard drive will function, it will do so poorly.

Are you using the hard drive to boot more than one OS, I.e.do you already have Windows installed and plan to install macOS on a separate partition?

Also you can’t use NootedRed.kext in versions of macOS older than Catalina (10.15.x) due to changes Apple made to the iGPU Logic.
yep, i wanna dual boot
will the igpu work,i mean is there any other kext for it or it will work without any kext?

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Your AMD IGPU requires NootedRed.kext. There is no other AMD IGPU kext, well not that I am aware of.

With regards to Dual booting macOS & Windows, it is important that the drive is formatted correctly and I always make sure that macOS is the first OS on the drive. This ensures the EFI Partition is the first partition on the drive and the Microsoft folder is added to the OpenCore EFI folder and Windows boots from OpenCore.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-multibooting-uefi.197352/

If you want to add macOS to a drive that already contains the Windows then I would recommend you have a read sound the various Hackintosh sites to find a suitable guide. Where these old guides mention using Clover you would need to swap that to using OpenCore.

Whatever you do, you need to make sure any data, documents apps etc are backed up before you start messing with your hard drive, as it is very easy to erase/wipe the wrong partition when using a single drive to dual boot macOS and Windows.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.