Flawless iMacPro Ventura: X570 Elite, 5800X3D, 6800 XT, Ethernet+BT+WiFi

Bansaku

AMD OS X Member
@tatofuma There must be something that's being overlooked. You have the same mobo, PCIe wifi/BT, and using my EFI folder so Universal Control should simply work. I am assuming your iPad is updated to the latest iOS and the appropriate settings enabled?

tatofuma

AMD OS X Member
@tatofuma There must be something that's being overlooked. You have the same mobo, PCIe wifi/BT, and using my EFI folder so Universal Control should simply work. I am assuming your iPad is updated to the latest iOS and the appropriate settings enabled?
It's the same thing I thought, I have the same motherboard as you. iPad updated, I can use the mouse and keyboard of my hack with the continuity function. When I start the screen duplicate on iPad, continuity app starts but remains black. Sometimes the Mac warns me that I disconnected the iPad from Wi-Fi to improve performance and asks me to connect a cable.

Bansaku

AMD OS X Member
I will try and remember to bring my iPad home from work on the weekend. To be honest, I only tried it once, by pure chance, as my iPad was home for a screen protector install and new case that was Amazoned along with the Fenvi. I enabled screen screen mirroring to my iPad and iMac, moved the window back and forth between them all , said neat, and that was that. My main goal was to have it work with my iMac so I can swap it with my second monitor on my desk, which it did and works like a charm.

As for Universal Control's performance, it's kind of 50/50 in terms of what's optimized/prioritized. Moving the mouse pointer and/or a window between the devices will be laggy (or perhaps low frame rate?) on the extended device, regardless if it's extending/mirroring the screen or using keyboard/mouse mode. However video playback is smooth with audio being perfectly in sync (and sounds great), even if the extended device's audio is set to the host device's output. What's cool is even when both my Hack' and Mac are not using any of the UC features, I will get an icon pop up in the dock with a little window in the top wight to denote what's active on the other system. It's amazing that a Hack' can seamlessly integrate itself into the Apple ecosystem!

Pabo

Donator
Donator
Hi, did anyone try Ventura 13.3 and Opencore 0.9.0?

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
You also need to use the latest AMD Kernel patches, as a 4th CPU core patch has been added so Ventura 13.3 works.

phantom-hax

AMD OS X Member
Hi, thanks so much for sharing this. I was finally able to boot the Monterey 12.6.7 installer and get it installed on my Aorus X570 Elite & 5800X3D system after setting SecureBootModel = disabled and spoofing my MSI Gaming Z Trio 6900XT (XTXH) gpu. Even sleep is working after manually mapping my USB ports and disconnecting the internal USB connector for my bluetooth/WiFi pcie card. I'm looking to see if I can upgrade to Ventura without too much of a headache - thanks for the tip re. the newer AMD kernel patches/4th CPU core patch - I completely overlooked that when attempting to create a Ventura 13.4.1 installer using your OC files.

deep

AMD OS X Member
Hi, great share!
Would anyone have a pointer on whether it'll be at all possible to run macOS on a partition on my only storage device from which I am running windows? The booloader does not seem to be able to boot to that partition after the install, not sure what I may be doing wrong here

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Yes, it is possible to dual-boot macOS and Windows from the same drive, when both OS's are using UEFI. But you need to install the OS's in the correct order. So the FAT32 EFI partition is at the beginning of the drive for your OpenCore Bootloader. It can't be located in the middle of the drive, where the macOS partition starts.

Here is a link to an old guide over at Tonymacx86 explaining how to go about dual/multi-booting. It is still relevant even though different OS's & bootloader/Tool was in use when the guide was created.

Obviously you can ignore the Ubuntu section if you only want Windows and macOS on the single drive.

Also be aware that while this is possible it is not the recommended method for dual-booting macOS and Windows. It is better and safer to use two separate drives. So if one OS is borked you can still boot the system in to the other OS to fix any issues, access your data etc.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.