Flawless iMacPro Ventura: X570 Elite, 5800X3D, 6800 XT, Ethernet+BT+WiFi

Bansaku

AMD OS X Member
Greetings folks! I just wanted to share my latest upgrade with you all. It is not only a success, but a 100% perfect and flawless upgrade. I don't just mean I got everything up and running, which I did, rather ALL features of Ventura are working as Apple intended without issue. To be honest, the hardest part was simply installing Ventura, but with help from great people here I got it all figured out (and a cleaned up OC to boot).

Screenshot 2022-12-29 at 6.02.18 PM.png

Hardware:

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D
Aorus X570 Elite
Thermaltake 16GB 3600MHz DDR4
Aorus AMD RX 6800 XT Master
WD 500GB NVME (macOS)
XPG Spectre 500GB NVME (Windows 11)
Too many SSD + HD
Fenvi T919 WiFi + Bluetooth PCIe
Thermaltake Level 20 XT
Corsair K70 LUX RGB + M65 Elite

OpenCore 0.8.7

What Works:

Audio ✓
Ethernet ✓
USB (all ports w/o mapping) ✓
WiFi ✓
Bluetooth ✓
Sleep ✓
Airdrop ✓
Universal Control (both control and screen mirror) ✓
AirPlay ✓
Handoff ✓

What doesn't work:

NOTHING!

This upgrade from an AMD 3700X and RX Vega 64 is night and day. My system now is an absolute gaming beast!

Screenshot 2022-12-21 at 6.02.22 PM.png

If anyone wants it, I have attached my EFI. Happy 'hacking!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    7.3 MB · Views: 150

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
Awesome! With several reports of people struggling to install Ventura even on Intel platforms, it’s nice to see this.

Pabo

Donator
Donator
Greetings folks! I just wanted to share my latest upgrade with you all. It is not only a success, but a 100% perfect and flawless upgrade. I don't just mean I got everything up and running, which I did, rather ALL features of Ventura are working as Apple intended without issue. To be honest, the hardest part was simply installing Ventura, but with help from great people here I got it all figured out (and a cleaned up OC to boot).

View attachment 9259

Hardware:

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D
Aorus X570 Elite
Thermaltake 16GB 3600MHz DDR4
Aorus AMD RX 6800 XT Master
WD 500GB NVME (macOS)
XPG Spectre 500GB NVME (Windows 11)
Too many SSD + HD
Fenvi T919 WiFi + Bluetooth PCIe
Thermaltake Level 20 XT
Corsair K70 LUX RGB + M65 Elite

OpenCore 0.8.7

What Works:

Audio ✓
Ethernet ✓
USB (all ports w/o mapping) ✓
WiFi ✓
Bluetooth ✓
Sleep ✓
Airdrop ✓
Universal Control (both control and screen mirror) ✓
AirPlay ✓
Handoff ✓

What doesn't work:

NOTHING!

This upgrade from an AMD 3700X and RX Vega 64 is night and day. My system now is an absolute gaming beast!

View attachment 9260

If anyone wants it, I have attached my EFI. Happy 'hacking!
Good work, I tried on the on the motherboard Aorus Master X570 and works like a Swiss watch. It also works without a problem on Open Core 0.8.8 (y)
🍻

Last edited:

tatofuma

AMD OS X Member
I have Aorus X570 elite + Ryzen 7 3700 + Rx 5500 XT
Can I use this EFI? I must only change serial o config.plist?

Thanks for help

Bansaku

AMD OS X Member
I have Aorus X570 elite + Ryzen 7 3700 + Rx 5500 XT
Can I use this EFI? I must only change serial o config.plist?

Thanks for help
Absolutely! I had an RX 5700 XT shortly before I made this post so things should work without issues.

Pabo

Donator
Donator

Bansaku

AMD OS X Member
Best setting on Bios? Try to install, but stuck on apple logo and empty load bar.

Enable Above 4G decoding and resizable Barr in the BIOS and you should be good to go.

Bansaku

AMD OS X Member
Fantastic... this EFI is the best.
There's any way to have working SIDECAR (I know, I'm asking a lot)

Sidecar is now Universal Control, and it just works... assuming you have both WiFi AND Bluetooth that macOS reads as "built-in". I use the Fenvi WiFi/BT card and it works flawlessly, however card/dongles from other manufacturers can either be tricky to get working, or just won't work at all so your millage may vary.

With Universal Control working, I can share screens, windows/apps, keyboard/mouse, sound, and drag and drop between my iPad Air 2, M1 iMac, and Darkside (my Hack') without issues.

Pabo

Donator
Donator
Upgrade to Ventura 13.2 was without any problem

Pabo

Donator
Donator
I have an internal DVD drive but the system does not see it. Can you help me put it into operation? Win 11 sees it and works. Thanks

Bansaku

AMD OS X Member
I have an internal DVD drive but the system does not see it. Can you help me put it into operation? Win 11 sees it and works. Thanks

Afraid not. Since Ventura, many users haver reported their DVD/BR players no longer work and thus far a solution has not been found.

tatofuma

AMD OS X Member
Sidecar is now Universal Control, and it just works... assuming you have both WiFi AND Bluetooth that macOS reads as "built-in". I use the Fenvi WiFi/BT card and it works flawlessly, however card/dongles from other manufacturers can either be tricky to get working, or just won't work at all so your millage may vary.

With Universal Control working, I can share screens, windows/apps, keyboard/mouse, sound, and drag and drop between my iPad Air 2, M1 iMac, and Darkside (my Hack') without issues.
Thank you for your support. In my case the mouse and keyboard continuity functions work, but if I mirror the screen the ipad display shows a black screen.
I have a network card with BCM94360CD chip, it works natively with mac os

Bansaku

AMD OS X Member
Thank you for your support. In my case the mouse and keyboard continuity functions work, but if I mirror the screen the ipad display shows a black screen.
I have a network card with BCM94360CD chip, it works natively with mac os
Do you have Bluetooth AND WiFi? I could be incorrect, but from my understanding you need both to work.

tatofuma

AMD OS X Member
Do you have Bluetooth AND WiFi? I could be incorrect, but from my understanding you need both to work.
Yes, same pci card
From the pcie card comes out the cable that I connected to a usb port on the motherboard. In fact, on Mac, Bluetooth is seen as a USB peripheral. Can I somehow make the Mac believe that that usb port is internal?

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Assuming you are talking about using a native Apple WiFi/BT (Broadcom BCM94360....) card, then you don't need to make the Bluetooth module appear as Built-in. Just your Ethernet and WiFi devices need to be set as Built-in for Apple services to work correctly.

This is a screenshot from Hackintool application, System > Peripherals, showing the Ethernet and WiFi as built-in and the Bluetooth with no indication either way.

Screenshot 2023-01-31 at 18.48.47.png Hackintool - System >Peripherals tab showing connected devices.

This is normal for a Mac or a Hack when using a natively supported Broadcom WiFi/BT card.

One thing that is important when setting the Bluetooth's USB port is that it is set as 'Internal', i.e. with the connector type '255'. It should never be set with the connector type USB2 (0). As shown on the Hackintool > USB tab, Bluetooth module highlighted in the screenshot below.

Screenshot 2023-01-31 at 18.53.01.png Yes, this is showing the USB ports from an Intel system, but the same connector types are used no matter which CPU/Chipset is used.

tatofuma

AMD OS X Member
Assuming you are talking about using a native Apple WiFi/BT (Broadcom BCM94360....) card, then you don't need to make the Bluetooth module appear as Built-in. Just your Ethernet and WiFi devices need to be set as Built-in for Apple services to work correctly.

This is a screenshot from Hackintool application, System > Peripherals, showing the Ethernet and WiFi as built-in and the Bluetooth with no indication either way.

View attachment 9633 Hackintool - System >Peripherals tab showing connected devices.

This is normal for a Mac or a Hack when using a natively supported Broadcom WiFi/BT card.

One thing that is important when setting the Bluetooth's USB port is that it is set as 'Internal', i.e. with the connector type '255'. It should never be set with the connector type USB2 (0). As shown on the Hackintool > USB tab, Bluetooth module highlighted in the screenshot below.

View attachment 9634 Yes, this is showing the USB ports from an Intel system, but the same connector types are used no matter which CPU/Chipset is used.
this is my situation... How can recognize my bluetooth usb port and change to internal?

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Port discovery is tricky, when the system doesn't automatically show/highlight the BT module.

Can you shut down your system, then unplug the BT cable from the motherboard header and plug it in to another?
This may show which port is being used by the BT module, when you turn on the system.
Make sure the 9-pin BT header plug is fitted correctly.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.