[FLASHING] Thunderbolt 3 Firmware - Which one to choose?

imdrecordings

AMD OS X Member
Hi all!

Quick question for the group. I have a Gigabyte B550 Vision D (1.0) and it currently has a (60) Firmware for the Titan Ridge controller. This firmware is a nightmare and barely even works with Windows 10 and not at all with Catalina

I ordered a flashing tool, but I can't decide which firmware to go with.

NVM23 - Original V23 GC-Titan Ridge Firmware (I believe this is from the z390 Designare and the one being used in this guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ion-d-amd-ryzen-7-3700x-thunderbolt-3.303917/)
NVM43 - Original V43 GC-Titan Ridge Firmware
DSM2 - Modified MacOS Titan Ridge Firmware by DSM2.Hackintosh (I believe this one has some extra stuff that makes it even more compatible with Macs)
Elias64FR+CaseySJ - Modified MacOS Titan Ridge Firmware by Elias64FR and CaseySJ (I haven't heard of this one or seen any posts about it)

@AudioGod @fabiosun - by chance have you flashed your TB3 with one of these?

Any help or guidance is appreciated!

-Scott

AudioGod

Guru
Guru
Hi,
Ive not got thunderbolt myself but over on IM I have helped many a user flash one and it’s always done with NVM23 But that’s z390 builds so for yours I would say go with DSM2. I know CaseySJ from InsanelyMac and he knows he’s stuff so he’s version is probably good to use too. (I’ve never heard of it myself)
Dont forget you can flash it again if the one you go with isnt right for you.

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
@imdrecordings

Please have a look at the Thunderbolt section of this guide, in which the pros and cons of various alternative firmwares are listed. NVM33 from Designare Z390 works best in my experience.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.