First time hackintosher needing some help

HOiYA

AMD OS X Member
After a day of pounding my head I need some help. I have gone through the OpenCore Install Guide twice but still receiving the same error. I am able to boot into OpenCore and select the mac os instal, but that is as far as it goes. I have tried using pre-built SSDT as well as creating an export with SDDTTime. In both case the install just errors out. I have attached both the log file and my EFI folder here. The config.plist passes the online sanity check but something is a miss. Could someone please have a look at the attached log and EFI folder and offer some feedback? TIA.

Hardware:
Mobo: Asus Crosslink VIII Formula (x570)
CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x
GPU: Sapphire Nitro 5700XT
HD: 1TB NVME
RAM: 16GB

Attachments

• opencore-2020-10-18-183838.txt
    6.5 KB · Views: 6
  • config.plist
    44.2 KB · Views: 3

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
If you run a newer BIOS Revision you should disable SetupVirtualMap in the booter quirks.

HOiYA

AMD OS X Member
Thanks for having a look. I missed the call out for x570 there. After setting that value to false, I can see it tries to mount the install image but then it abruptly failed. See attached image. The log file doesn’t show any exceptions.

Attachments

• F0E75D74-4E6F-4E84-A121-05D4EF0A5814.jpeg
    F0E75D74-4E6F-4E84-A121-05D4EF0A5814.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 7

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
That error is USB related. The error reads 'Still waiting on root device'. As you are booting with USB that's the root device. Try with another port.

HOiYA

AMD OS X Member
So weird thing is that I unplugged the USB drive and into another port while on that screen. It then tried to load the installer. But in the end the screen went blank and the monitor said it was going to sleep.

For an AMD system, should I be using the SSDT-EC-USBX-DESKTOP.aml or SSDT-EC-USBX-AMD.aml? Or is it better to use SDDTTime to generate my own xml file from the target machine?

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.