Ethernet "Not connected"

Riko_KP

AMD OS X Member
Hello everyone!

I have been working with a Hackintosh build for a while now, and it has served me well. I have not had any real problems that I couldn't fix with a bit of banging my head on the wall and asking for help on the forums.
After updating from Monterey to Ventura, I noticed a bit of an annoying quirk. My Ethernet has never worked and it has not been a problem until Ventura, upon booting my Wi-fi takes really long to initialize and connect to my network, sometimes upwards of one minute and once it didn't connect at all before rebooting. Now enabling ethernet would definitely fix this issue, but I don't know what I'm missing because it just won't connect. I have the required files for it, and it is recognized by macOS but just will not connect to the internet. I have SSDT-I225V.aml in my ACPI folder, and the required AppleIntelI210Ethernet.kext, I also have the boot-arg e1000=0, but nothing. I have no clue where to start looking and what to try at this point to fix it. Any help is appreciated!

My build:
AMD Ryzen 5 5600 3.5GHz
AMD Radeon RX 6600 XT
16 GB 3600 MHz DDR4
ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming ITX/ax
Ventura 13.0.1

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Using your system DSDT.aml and Corpnewt's SSDTTime I have generated an SSDT-Bridge.aml for your system.

The screenshot below shows the contents of the SSDT-Bridge.dsl generated but using the device path for your i225-V Ethernet controller - PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x2)/Pci(0x0,0x2)/Pci(0x8,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0) and selecting option '9' from the list within SSDTTime script.

Screenshot 2023-01-04 at 14.01.40.png SSDT-Bridge.dsl for Ethernet controller

Screenshot 2023-01-04 at 14.03.28.png SSDTTime options, No. 9 PCI Bridge option highlighted, device path for i225-V controller pasted in to script when requested.

The SSDT-Bridge.aml should be added to your OC/ACPI folder, along with a companion entry in your config.plist for the SSDT.

This will complete the ACPI address for the i225-V controller - (_SB.PCI0.GPP1.BRG0.BRG1.PXSX)

I also used the script to generate a few other SSDT's for your system - EC and USBX.

I have generated an SSDT PCI Bridge for your Intel WiFi device, as the WiFi device path is also missing some address information.

I have attached below a folder containing the Results from the SSDTTime python script and your system DSDT.aml. It contains the following:
  1. SSDT-EC.aml/.dsl
  2. SSDT-USBX.aml/.dsl
  3. SSDT-Bridge-i225v.aml/.dsl
  4. SSDT-Bridge-Wifi.aml/.dsl
  5. Patches_OC.plist
  6. Patches_Clover.plist
The two SSDT-Bridge.dsl tables can be combined to a single table, but that requires a few additional edits, which I can't be bothered to undertake.

For you to do:
  1. Replace the SSDT-EC-USBX.aml table in your /OC/ACPI folder with the custom SSDT-EC.aml and SSDT-USBX.aml tables.
  2. Add the SSDT-Bridge-i225v.aml to your /OC/ACPI folder.
  3. Remove the SSDT-SLEEP.aml and SSDT-I225V.aml tables.
  4. Add/amend the config.plist ACPI table entries to match the new tables.
Your revised /EFI/OC/ACPI folder contents should look like this:

Screenshot 2023-01-04 at 14.53.16.png

The SSDT-Bridge-WiFi.aml table can be added to the ACPI folder and config.plist once you are sure the i225v table doesn't bork your setup.

Test these tables and changes on a spare USB pen drive. DO NOT edit your current EFI folder until you are sure your system will boot ok with the new tables.

Use the ResetNvramEntry.efi before booting with these new ACPI tables.

Attachments

• Results.zip
    7 KB · Views: 2

Riko_KP

AMD OS X Member
Using your system DSDT.aml and Corpnewt's SSDTTime I have generated an SSDT-Bridge.aml for your system.

The screenshot below shows the contents of the SSDT-Bridge.dsl generated but using the device path for your i225-V Ethernet controller - PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x2)/Pci(0x0,0x2)/Pci(0x8,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0) and selecting option '9' from the list within SSDTTime script.

View attachment 9352 SSDT-Bridge.dsl for Ethernet controller

View attachment 9353 SSDTTime options, No. 9 PCI Bridge option highlighted, device path for i225-V controller pasted in to script when requested.

The SSDT-Bridge.aml should be added to your OC/ACPI folder, along with a companion entry in your config.plist for the SSDT.

This will complete the ACPI address for the i225-V controller - (_SB.PCI0.GPP1.BRG0.BRG1.PXSX)

I also used the script to generate a few other SSDT's for your system - EC and USBX.

I have generated an SSDT PCI Bridge for your Intel WiFi device, as the WiFi device path is also missing some address information.

I have attached below a folder containing the Results from the SSDTTime python script and your system DSDT.aml. It contains the following:
  1. SSDT-EC.aml/.dsl
  2. SSDT-USBX.aml/.dsl
  3. SSDT-Bridge-i225v.aml/.dsl
  4. SSDT-Bridge-Wifi.aml/.dsl
  5. Patches_OC.plist
  6. Patches_Clover.plist
The two SSDT-Bridge.dsl tables can be combined to a single table, but that requires a few additional edits, which I can't be bothered to undertake.

For you to do:
  1. Replace the SSDT-EC-USBX.aml table in your /OC/ACPI folder with the custom SSDT-EC.aml and SSDT-USBX.aml tables.
  2. Add the SSDT-Bridge-i225v.aml to your /OC/ACPI folder.
  3. Remove the SSDT-SLEEP.aml and SSDT-I225V.aml tables.
  4. Add/amend the config.plist ACPI table entries to match the new tables.
Your revised /EFI/OC/ACPI folder contents should look like this:

View attachment 9355

The SSDT-Bridge-WiFi.aml table can be added to the ACPI folder and config.plist once you are sure the i225v table doesn't bork your setup.

Test these tables and changes on a spare USB pen drive. DO NOT edit your current EFI folder until you are sure your system will boot ok with the new tables.

Use the ResetNvramEntry.efi before booting with these new ACPI tables.
Thank you so very much, you have done way more than I could even ask!

I tried booting through a USB drive with these settings in my EFI, but I am getting stuck right in the beginning off the verbose getting the classic [EB|#LOG:EXITBS:START] which I think is weird. I will try to go through the config.plist since I don't think this should be happening because of these ACPI changes, will report once I have made progress.

Edit: As I thought, there was just something wrong with my config.plist. Got that sorted out, now I get through the verbose to a black screen (I think it is about to boot into macOS) but then I get a restart. Tried it out a couple of times but same result.

Edit 2: I got into macOS through the USB EFI with the new ACPI folder, but the result is the same. Ethernet "Not connected". I will drop the log here if it's of any help.

Edit 3: Tried changing DisableIoMapper -> False to True, no effect.

Attachments

• opencore-2023-01-04-173406.txt
    256 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
OK, I was hoping that with the SDDT-Bridge-i225v.aml table added to your OC setup that the device-id and boot argument in your config.plist would fix the 'not connected' issue on your Ethernet port.

I know the Device path in the SSDT-i225V.aml needs to be edited to match the full device path to get it working. Unfortunately, I am stepping out of my comfort zone when editing the SSDT, as I keep creating compilation errors when I make the edits I think necessary.

Maybe someone with a bit more ACPI knowledge and knowhow can step in and have a look at this?

Riko_KP

AMD OS X Member
OK, I was hoping that with the SDDT-Bridge-i225v.aml table added to your OC setup that the device-id and boot argument in your config.plist would fix the 'not connected' issue on your Ethernet port.

I know the Device path in the SSDT-i225V.aml needs to be edited to match the full device path to get it working. Unfortunately, I am stepping out of my comfort zone when editing the SSDT, as I keep creating compilation errors when I make the edits I think necessary.

Maybe someone with a bit more ACPI knowledge and knowhow can step in and have a look at this?
Well, thank you anyway for all your help. I guess I am stuck with only Wifi still. I don't know where to look or who to ask at this point, as you were the only one who could help me out even this far. I might try and fiddle with some settings at some point, but I doubt that will make any difference.

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
Well, thank you anyway for all your help. I guess I am stuck with only Wifi still. I don't know where to look or who to ask at this point, as you were the only one who could help me out even this far. I might try and fiddle with some settings at some point, but I doubt that will make any difference.
Please try the attached SSDT for I225-V. It has been adapted for use on your board (ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming ITX).

SSDT-Bridge-i225v.aml can be disabled or deleted.

Attachments

• SSDT-I225V-ASROCK-B550-Phantom-Gaming.aml.zip
    939 bytes · Views: 3

Riko_KP

AMD OS X Member
Please try the attached SSDT for I225-V. It has been adapted for use on your board (ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming ITX).

SSDT-Bridge-i225v.aml can be disabled or deleted.
Thanks for the reply. I tried your SSDT but still no effect, same result.

Edit: Just to see if I had overlooked something in my own config.plist, I also tried using the EFI file of varkon, who has the same build as me (This thread: https://forum.amd-osx.com/threads/a...ntura-13-1-monterey-12-3-1-full-working.2759/) but nothing. Varkon has a completely functional system, but I cannot for the life of me get the Ethernet working.
All I changed in the EFI was the Platforminfo and added the SSDT you provided.

Edit 2: Scoured some forums, found some tips to try, went through them all, nothing. Things I tried: Removing device-id F215000, removing boot-arg e1000=0, adding device-id F315000 (worked for exactly one person for some reason), setting ethernet hardware settings manually, adding back boot-arg e1000=0, adding even boot-arg dk.e1000=0, enabling/disabling DisableIoMapper.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.