Deleted member 22409

AMD OS X Member
Hello guys i need a hand i tried a lot of open core builds without sucess most of all end in the ''x64 Exception Type'' i followed the classic guide: https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/ im wondering if the x64 Exception Type is because the GA 78LMT- s2 doesn't have UEFI or because of a patch error or because of something misconfigured.

Processor: FX8350

Graphics Cards: Rx 580 or 960 gtx

Motherboards: GA 78LMT- s2 also i bought the ''970a ds3p'' but the 970 is still arriving, im sure the 970a is better because it has the dual bios witch one is the uefi

Memory: 6 gigabytes

Last edited:

Edhawk

Guru
Guru

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Swapping the RX 580 for an Nvidia card is not going to help. Stick with the RX 580, as it is a natively supported card.

The 970A motherboard will be the better of the two boards. So I would recommend waiting for it to arrive. Anything you do now will be a waste if you use the 970A board.

Your last post made very little sense. It reads like you have been learning acronyms but don’t really know what they mean or how they relate to each other. When passing information here best to keep it simple.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
We don’t use pre made Distro’s here, so using anything from Niresh is not going to be supported.

You need to follow the OC Vanilla guide if you want help on this or any other site that supports AMD Hacks.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Adding the Verbose boot argument '-v' to your config.plist and taking a photo of the text displayed when the system kernel panics, would probably tell us more.

For what it's worth the sections highlighted in the screenshot below are the errors in the log.

Screenshot 2023-11-26 at 19.23.36.png

Err(0xE) <- RT.GV boot-signature 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82 is the first and last error.

Try setting SecureBootModel to Disabled, in place of Default. See if that helps.

Last edited:

Edhawk

Guru
Guru

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
If no UEFI is available are you using the BootInstall_X64.tool for a legacy install provided by OpenCore?

I remember back with my FX system and messing around with OpenCore on it. I ended up using a macOS VM to create the USB installer and setup OpenCore in the legacy format using that.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.