[EB|LOG:EXITBS:START] - Big Sur install - Stuck - Gigabyte B450i - AMD 3600

tmk

AMD OS X Member
Hello People,

I'm first time asking for help. I have Catalina operating very well (everything works including sleep) and decided to try Big Sur. (on separate SSD)
Direct update did stuck in the same way as brand new install. It stuck here: [EB|LOG:EXITBS:START]

My system is:
  1. AMD 3600
  2. Gigabyte Aorus B450i Pro Wifi (I have replaced Wifi to Broadcom BCM94352Z). BiOS: F51
  3. AMD RX580 Video
  4. 16 gb RAM 3600
I'm attaching my EFI configuration (removed SN / Board Info). I will appreciate any help. I really did stuck.

Huge thx for any help

Attachments

• config.plist.zip
    5.5 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0389.jpeg
    IMG_0389.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 37
Last edited:

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
@tmk Try disabling SetupVirtualMap in your config under Booter -> Quirks.

tmk

AMD OS X Member
I did figure out the issue , in my case it was dual boot, due to bios for some reasons EFI folder for Big Sur Install was recognized from Catalina drive EFI....Damn it is crazy :))))))

tmk

AMD OS X Member
So, I did manage to install Big Sur. Everything works well (audio, wifi, airdrop, video, bt) but when I try to log in to iCloud it say "cannot Connet to apple server". I'm using same ID SN MBN as on my Catalina (same PC - dual boot).

tarryl66

AMD OS X Member
Can I ask a question about your dual boot issue? I have an Ryzen 3950x, MSI b550m vdh-wifi. I successfully installed Big Sur on an m.2 with no other drives. I also used OC and bootsrtrap to keep the MacOs in bios. I took that drive out, put in another m.2 and installed a clean Windows OS on it. Then added the Big Sur drive. Now it keeps defaulting to Win10 and nothing I do will get me to boot the usb, I don't see any of the bios settings from bootstrap and don't see the MacOs drive either.

I know it's probably been addressed somewhere but I'm still looking. Any help you can give me?

Thanks.

graywolf

AMD OS X Member
我确实弄清楚了这个问题,在我的情况下是双启动,由于某些原因,BIOS出于某些原因从Catalina驱动器EFI中识别出Big Sur Install的EFI文件夹...。该死的是疯狂的:)))))))
how to fix it?

slehc84

AMD OS X Member
Can I ask a question about your dual boot issue? I have an Ryzen 3950x, MSI b550m vdh-wifi. I successfully installed Big Sur on an m.2 with no other drives. I also used OC and bootsrtrap to keep the MacOs in bios. I took that drive out, put in another m.2 and installed a clean Windows OS on it. Then added the Big Sur drive. Now it keeps defaulting to Win10 and nothing I do will get me to boot the usb, I don't see any of the bios settings from bootstrap and don't see the MacOs drive either.

I know it's probably been addressed somewhere but I'm still looking. Any help you can give me?

Thanks.
Just a thought , see if you have the boot in your Uefi , best way I found is from Windows with this tool

slehc84

AMD OS X Member
Hello People,

I'm first time asking for help. I have Catalina operating very well (everything works including sleep) and decided to try Big Sur. (on separate SSD)
Direct update did stuck in the same way as brand new install. It stuck here: [EB|LOG:EXITBS:START]

My system is:
  1. AMD 3600
  2. Gigabyte Aorus B450i Pro Wifi (I have replaced Wifi to Broadcom BCM94352Z). BiOS: F51
  3. AMD RX580 Video
  4. 16 gb RAM 3600
I'm attaching my EFI configuration (removed SN / Board Info). I will appreciate any help. I really did stuck.

Huge thx for any help
in Kernal, emulate , set dummypowermanagement to true
Misc , debug set apple debug to true

vanquish

AMD OS X Member
Gigabyte Aorus B450i Pro Wifi (I have replaced Wifi to Broadcom BCM94352Z). BiOS: F51
I have not yet done the update to Big Sur but I notice you said you have replaced the Wifi to Broadcom. The board doesn't have any slots for a PCIE card so I wonder how you did this. You mentioned BIOS: F51?

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
I have not yet done the update to Big Sur but I notice you said you have replaced the Wifi to Broadcom. The board doesn't have any slots for a PCIE card so I wonder how you did this. You mentioned BIOS: F51?

If I'm not mistaken the card can be unscrewed from the board underneath then the internal card swapped out.

tmk

AMD OS X Member
If I'm not mistaken the card can be unscrewed from the board underneath then the internal card swapped out.
Correct, you can unscrew current onboard wifi card and replace it with Broadcom.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.