Does 7000 series iGPU support any macOS version?

zurnadurum

AMD OS X Member
Hi there, my first thread here!

I have a MSI B650 motherboard with Ryzen 5 7600X CPU and RTX 4060 GPU. I know it's not supported the NVIDIA GPU on macOS what if iGPU of my CPU? I didn't find any source about my hardware on Nootedred or something else. My question is exactly about iGPU support on macOS.
My GPU-Z info if you need more info.
1711130223676.png1711130241565.png

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Hi there, my first thread here!

I have a MSI B650 motherboard with Ryzen 5 7600X CPU and RTX 4060 GPU. I know it's not supported the NVIDIA GPU on macOS what if iGPU of my CPU? I didn't find any source about my hardware on Nootedred or something else. My question is exactly about iGPU support on macOS.
My GPU-Z info if you need more info.
View attachment 13584View attachment 13585
No sir, not supported. You will need a compatible AMD card to run macOS. No way around it for you.

zurnadurum

AMD OS X Member
No sir, not supported. You will need a compatible AMD card to run macOS. No way around it for you.
But is it possible get support in future by 3rd party developer or smth? I need Xcode for my development and Darling messed up with Xcode installation stuff on Linux. So I need working macOS on baremetal.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
A few 7000-series AMD processors work with macOS, using an integrated APU, those with the 7x3x designation. For example my Ryzen 5 7530U works with macOS Ventura and Sonoma when paired with NootedRed.kext. The reason these APU's work is they use the same AMD Radeon IGPU as the 5000-series APUs. Most 7000 series APU's are from the AMD 700 series graphics and these are not supported and are not expected to be supported in macOS, ever.

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
A few 7000-series AMD processors work with macOS, using an integrated APU, those with the 7x3x designation. For example my Ryzen 5 7530U works with macOS Ventura and Sonoma when paired with NootedRed.kext. The reason these APU's work is they use the same AMD Radeon IGPU as the 5000-series APUs. Most 7000 series APU's are from the AMD 700 series graphics and these are not supported and are not expected to be supported in macOS, ever.
Are those all laptop processors?

zurnadurum

AMD OS X Member
Thanks for your answers. Can I use it with RX 460 if I put in my case?

leesurone

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.