Dell Inspiron 27 7775 Ryzen 5 1400 B350 RX580- Running Big Sur

Archaethrenyus

AMD OS X Member
Hi everyone!

After days of frustration and pain (with almost no sleep), I finally got Big Sur running on my machine.

Ethernet, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, AppleID, iMessages, etc. fully functional.

New iMessages show up, but I will not be able to sync message history until I get WiFi going. I am ordering the compatible WiFi/BT card and will update you on the WiFi status when I have it installed. UPDATE: Wi-Fi and Bluetooth working with this card: Amazon

I have not tried Monterey, and probably won't for awhile because I don't want risk it. I worked too hard! o_O UPDATE: I went ahead and updated to Monterey using software update just like a normal user would. Worked perfectly and Monterey fixed an issue I had in Big Sur, where incoming phone calls would freeze my computer.

Setup in signature. Attached is my EFI. Add unfairgva=1 to the boot args if you need to fix DRM

I hope someone finds this useful as I could not find any info about this setup anywhere and endured much trial and error to get it working.

Good luck! :D

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4 MB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.