Ejh4286

AMD OS X Member
I’ve noticed some EFIs produce a text file that is useful for debugging. Can anyone tell me howbto turn this on? Thanks.

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Add
Code:
-v
to the boot-args

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
That is only useful if the error is from within OpenCore. You need to download the DEBUG version not RELEASE and set the Target in the config to 67.

Ejh4286

AMD OS X Member
That is only useful if the error is from within OpenCore. You need to download the DEBUG version not RELEASE and set the Target in the config to 67.
I have two Asrock trx40 boards, one with the 3960 cpu, one with the 3970 cpu. The 3960 boots into monterey no problem. I took that efi, adjusted the core count in the kernel patches and used it in the 3970 machine. It starts to boot (in verbose mode), and i get a kernel panic and i see IONnvme controller before it reboots. Its very brief so i cant get a picture of it before it reboots. I’ve tried several different ssds same result. I’m trying to gather more info so those who know more than I can hopefully diagnose.

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Did you change the core count patch for the 3970 machine? You need to change it from 32 core to 64 core. The hex you need is 40 for the 64 core.

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
If you add the keepsyms=1 and debug=0x100 boot arguments to your config.plist the Verbose text should remain on the screen, and the system not automatically reboot.

You could also try videoing the verbose text and then step through the resulting video to see what is being generated before the reboot.

Ejh4286

AMD OS X Member
Did you change the core count patch for the 3970 machine? You need to change it from 32 core to 64 core. The hex you need is 40 for the 64 core.
I used 20 in the core count since the 3970 is 32 core. Are you saying I should use 40?

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Ohh wait no I looked at the threads :ROFLMAO: Don't use 40. Are the boards the exact same? If not and you've set some MMIO like most TRX40 users do you'll need to redo that. You can also record the screen and playback in slow to catch the panic.

Ejh4286

AMD OS X Member
Ohh wait no I looked at the threads :ROFLMAO: Don't use 40. Are the boards the exact same? If not and you've set some MMIO like most TRX40 users do you'll need to redo that. You can also record the screen and playback in slow to catch the panic.
They are both Asrock Trx40 Creator boards, same bios version 1.70. I've attached my EFI and a screenshot of the verbose mode output during the kernel panic.

Attachments

• EFI Asrock TRX40 Creator.zip
    17.8 MB · Views: 3

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Give this a go. If it still panics it should be easier to see it.

Attachments

• config.plist.zip
    5.9 KB · Views: 4
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.