Completely butchered my first EFI. Now got this one.

CocaColaCan36

AMD OS X Member
Title pretty much sums it up. My first EFI didn't get far, and this one didn't make it very far either. This is the current error I'm getting. And I'll attach my config as well. This is my first time doing this and I have not been successful. I've followed guides pretty exactly but they were kinda dated and not for my board.
My first EFI was so bad that I'd get a pretty long log, but then my PC would just restart and it never finshed and never saved the log.

Attachments

• IMG_6781.jpg
    IMG_6781.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 17
  • config.plist
    42.5 KB · Views: 3

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
Have you looked at this one to get a sense of the steps needed?
It would also be good to post the entire EFI folder (compressed).

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
Because this is a new thread, all of the hardware components should be mentioned, such as:
  • Motherboard
  • Motherboard BIOS version
  • CPU
  • GPU
  • Memory
  • Make/model of NVMe SSD(s)

Which BIOS parameters were changed, if any?

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
  • AGPMInjector kext should not be enabled
  • AmdCpuSync should not be enabled
  • AMD-OSX kernel patches are outdated and should be fully replaced with latest

Please have a look at the build guide I referred to above. It takes some time to configure EFI, but we need to put in that effort.

CocaColaCan36

AMD OS X Member
Because this is a new thread, all of the hardware components should be mentioned, such as:
  • Motherboard
  • Motherboard BIOS version
  • CPU
  • GPU
  • Memory
  • Make/model of NVMe SSD(s)

Which BIOS parameters were changed, if any?
Msi B650 Tomahawk Wifi
Bios Version: 7D75v15
Cpu: AMD Ryzen 7 7700X
Gpu: Gigabyte 3060 12GB
T-Force 32GB 6000Mhz.
I'm using a WD Blue SA510 2.5in SSD for my MacOS install.
4G was already enable, CSM was already disabled, I disabled Secure Boot and IOMMU. AHCI was already enabled and EHCI-/XCHI Hand off was already enabled.

Including EFI zip.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    7 MB · Views: 7

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
I looked at your EFI folder. It would be best to start with this post and the 0.9.0 EFI folder provided there, but customize it for your system as described in Post 1 of that thread.

CocaColaCan36

AMD OS X Member
I looked at your EFI folder. It would be best to start with this post and the 0.9.0 EFI folder provided there, but customize it for your system as described in Post 1 of that thread.
I believe I have everything customized? Inserted the MMIO entries and did everything else per the guide. When I launched the installer I still get a black screen with an apple logo. My keyboard and mouse will cut out after like 5-10 seconds of the Apple Logo showing up. It never progresses past the apple logo.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    56.1 MB · Views: 3
  • opencore-2023-04-10-184433.txt
    256 KB · Views: 0

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator

CocaColaCan36

AMD OS X Member
Hey Casey, good news i I can now boot to install Ventura. I went ahead and installed it but now I’m getting a screen that says “a required firmware update could not be installed” when i boot back into the macos installer.

CaseySJ

Guru
Guru
Donator
Okay, we’re getting there. Please post your latest EFI folder.

kingtouse

AMD OS X Member
Any news to resolve a required firmware update could not be installed? I encountered this problem too and been struggling to this problem... Here is my config plist.

Attachments

• config.plist
    64.1 KB · Views: 1
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.