Catalina only boot with with npci=0x2000 or npci=0x3000 and without video drivers

rafbits

AMD OS X Member
Can someone please help me ? I trying to back to hackintosh a months since I upraded my i5 to a Ryzen 3900X.... Already tried lots of combinations of whatevergreen amd flags, and no results

My hardware is:
Mobo TUF X470
CPU is a Ryzen 3900X
RX 5700XT Sapphire

I can only boot on Mac by adding npci=0x2000 or npci=0x3000 to the boot flags, I managed to install Mac OS Catalina without problems using this, but after I boot into the system my graphics drivers just don't work, the system gets really laggy specially using graphics effects like opening a video or the dashboard.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 1

likid

AMD OS X Member
I had a similar problem. When I remove npci=0x2000 but with CSM Enabled, I'm not able to boot, but if I disable the CSM I can boot into macOS but not into Windows. When I use npci=0x2000 I can boot into macOS and Windows even with CSM Enabled and Above 4G decoding enabled too, without any issues.

I'm running on a Ryzen 7 2700X with an AORUS X470 Ultra Gaming and an RX 5700XT.

marsb007

AMD OS X Member
CSM provides legacy (non GUID) drive support. If you disable CSM, you will only see GUID formatted drives. That means your Mac drive is formatted with GUID, your Windows drive is not. Reformat and reinstall Windows on a properly formatted drive and you should be able to disable CSM and remove the ncpi flag.

rafbits

AMD OS X Member
Didn't work for me, I tried CSM -> disable, Enabled and even Auto

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.