Solved Can't start the installation from OC Picker

drxvmrz

AMD OS X Member
Hello!
When I boot in picker, can't choose any variant to boot.
After the picker is loaded it issues the message "Timeout" in "Choose the operating system:" field after 1 sec (fig. 1).
And I can't choose any option in Picker (USB keyboard).
jdGT4wRtvDU.jpg
When I try to boot through the GUI OC (OpenCanopy.efi + PickerMode: External) it shows me a loadscreen but it disappear after a little bit time. (No photo, it disappears too fast and then it stuck with only black screen)
At first I tried the Dortania's guide to troubleshoot my keyboard, there was no any effect. The logs file contain the next messages for all tries to boot OC:
Rich (BB code):
00:000 00:000 OCM: Failed to start image - Already started
00:157 00:157 BS: Failed to start OpenCore image - Already started

On Dortania's guide it seems as conflict with Windows bootloader but there is a clear and erased HDD without any bootloaders

My system:
Code:
CPU: FX-4300
GPU: GTX 650 (1 Gb)
MB: Biostar a78lr-m3s
RAM: 16 Gb DDR3
HDD: Seagate SkyHawk ST1000VX005 (1 Tb)

My EFI-folder is attached below:

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.7 MB · Views: 1

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator
Hello!
When I boot in picker, can't choose any variant to boot.
After the picker is loaded it issues the message "Timeout" in "Choose the operating system:" field after 1 sec (fig. 1).
And I can't choose any option in Picker (USB keyboard).
View attachment 11203
When I try to boot through the GUI OC (OpenCanopy.efi + PickerMode: External) it shows me a loadscreen but it disappear after a little bit time. (No photo, it disappears too fast and then it stuck with only black screen)
At first I tried the Dortania's guide to troubleshoot my keyboard, there was no any effect. The logs file contain the next messages for all tries to boot OC:
Rich (BB code):
00:000 00:000 OCM: Failed to start image - Already started
00:157 00:157 BS: Failed to start OpenCore image - Already started

On Dortania's guide it seems as conflict with Windows bootloader but there is a clear and erased HDD without any bootloaders

My system:
Code:
CPU: FX-4300
GPU: GTX 650 (1 Gb)
MB: Biostar a78lr-m3s
RAM: 16 Gb DDR3
HDD: Seagate SkyHawk ST1000VX005 (1 Tb)

My EFI-folder is attached below:
Have you tried this: https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore...sues.html#can-t-select-anything-in-the-picker

Once you fix the keyboard, press space in the picker and select the option with (external) (dmg).

drxvmrz

AMD OS X Member
Have you tried this: https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore...sues.html#can-t-select-anything-in-the-picker

Once you fix the keyboard, press space in the picker and select the option with (external) (dmg).
Yes i've tried these guidelines to make my USB-keyboard is available
I made sure my keyboard is working... If i push an ENTER key when picker first appears, it issues me "OK" in "Choose the operating system:" field instead of "Timeout". But then nothing happens either, and it stuck. The log file contains the same messages about failure of starting image.

OQHMTLObBzo.jpg

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Check your OpenCore EFI is arranged correctly, i.e. that all the necessary sub-folders are located within the OC folder and your EFI folder just contains the Boot and OC folders.

Screenshot 2023-07-05 at 19.40.24.png This is the correct layout for the EFI folder and OC sub-folders.

drxvmrz

AMD OS X Member
The solution of this is a press SPACEBAR key immediately after picker appears. It shows me 3 (with DMG) vars instead 1, lol...
Messages signaling about attempts to boot Mac OS are appeared)
he3700gaz60.jpg
And i've solve it too. My PC was masked as iMac14.2, but this Mac doesn't support Big Sur. I've remasked it as MacPro7.1, and messages disappear

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.