Cannot boot to installer, 5600H

sidman

AMD OS X Member
Hardware :
Dell G15 5515 Laptop
Ryzen 5 5600H + Vega iGPU
16 GB Ram
Nvidia RTX 3050 Laptop

Similar devices with ryzen 5600H and iGPU have hackintosh working.

Attachments

• 20231122_205208.jpg
    20231122_205208.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 15
  • config - Panic - Add Patches.plist
    52.7 KB · Views: 5

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Looks as though you have an issue with Airportitlwm.kext.
Are you using the correct kext for the version of macOS you are looking to install?
On Sonoma that is the Alpha v2.3.0 kext for Sonoma
Screenshot 2023-11-22 at 18.35.15.png https://github.com/OpenIntelWireless/itlwm/releases
Have you tried booting without Airportitlwm.kext?
NVMeFix.kext is known to be problematic when running Sonoma, you would be advised to remove this kext from your OC setup.
Does your Dell laptop contain a 2.5GB Ethernet controller? If not then you don't need LucyRTL8125Ethernet.kext
You have UTBMap.kext in your OC setup. But don't have the USBToolBox.kext in your OC kexts folder. UTBMap.kext won't work without USBToolBox.kext.

I have attached a cleaned up config.plist for you to try. By cleaned up I mean I have removed any unused/unnecessary entries from the config.
I have set Airportitlwm.kext and UTBMap.kext as Disabled/False in the config.plist, as this might get you past the current error.
I have deleted LucyRTL8125Ethernet.kext, as your laptop will not have a 2.5GB Ethernet controller. You probably need to add RealtekRTL8111.kext in place of the Lucy..... kext.
I have also ordered the kexts so Lilu.kext is first, VirtualSMC.kext is second in the Kernel > Add section.

Attachments

• config.plist.zip
    6.7 KB · Views: 3

sidman

AMD OS X Member
Are you using the correct kext for the version of macOS you are looking to install?
View attachment 12539 https://github.com/OpenIntelWireless/itlwm/releases
NVMeFix.kext is known to be problematic when running Sonoma, you would be advised to remove this kext from your OC setup.
Does your Dell laptop contain a 2.5GB Ethernet controller? If not then you don't need LucyRTL8125Ethernet.kext
You have UTBMap.kext in your OC setup. But don't have the USBToolBox.kext in your OC kexts folder. UTBMap.kext won't work without USBToolBox.kext.

I have attached a cleaned up config.plist for you to try. By cleaned up I mean I have removed any unused/unnecessary entries from the config.
I have set Airportitlwm.kext and UTBMap.kext as Disabled/False in the config.plist, as this might get you past the current error.
I have deleted LucyRTL8125Ethernet.kext, as your laptop will not have a 2.5GB Ethernet controller. You probably need to add RealtekRTL8111.kext in place of the Lucy..... kext.
I have also ordered the kexts so Lilu.kext is first, VirtualSMC.kext is second in the Kernel > Add section.
Thanks a lot. I am using the alpha version of Airportitlwm.kext.
Yes the laptop has 2.5GB Ethernet. I actually noticed the missing USBToolBox.kext and added it.
I tried booting after adding USBToolBox.kext and I got past the error but I am still getting black screen.

I will try booting with your changes and report back the findings

Attachments

• 20231123_011146.jpg
    20231123_011146.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 14
  • EFI.zip
    26.7 MB · Views: 8

sidman

AMD OS X Member
View attachment 12539 https://github.com/OpenIntelWireless/itlwm/releases

I tried booting with the following changes :
  • Removed NVMeFix.kext
  • Added USBToolBox.kext
  • Lilu.kext is first and VirtualSMC.kext is second.

I am still stuck at tty. I cannot see any errors either

Attachments

• config.plist
    52.7 KB · Views: 1
  • 20231123_013708.jpg
    20231123_013708.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 10

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Try removing SMCLightSensor.kext, as that seems to be an issue in the last two verbose text images you posted.

sidman

AMD OS X Member
I removed SMCLightSensor.kext. I also removed the wifi drivers. Then I tried to boot both ventura and sonoma recoveries and I get different new errors in both.

Attachments

• Sonoma 1.jpg
    Sonoma 1.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 7
  • Ventura 1.jpg
    Ventura 1.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 8
  • config.plist
    51.6 KB · Views: 0

sidman

AMD OS X Member
Try removing SMCLightSensor.kext, as that seems to be an issue in the last two verbose text images you posted.
Tried to boot with a minimal config (USB was disabled). Encountered the following error.

Attachments

• 20231123_130736.jpg
    20231123_130736.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 13
  • config.plist
    51.6 KB · Views: 4

sidman

AMD OS X Member

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Dortania don't recommend any kexts for AMD Laptop systems. They don't even offer a guide for AMD laptops, just AMD Desktop systems.

Most AMD laptop users on this site have ended up using GenericUSBXHCI.kext to over come the USB3 issues that arise with their systems. But it is good that you have shared the link to this Fork, so others can find it.

Jo-Toku

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Dortania don't recommend any kexts for AMD Laptop systems. They don't even offer a guide for AMD laptops, just AMD Desktop systems.

Most AMD laptop users on this site have ended up using GenericUSBXHCI.kext to over come the USB3 issues that arise with their systems. But it is good that you have shared the link to this Fork, so others can find it.
Often you read, go to Dortania and follow the guides, except they don't have anything for AMD laptops. Go figure. Not sure what is the disconnect on not wanting to cover info for them, even if its on progress eveolution

craighazan

Donator
Donator
Often you read, go to Dortania and follow the guides, except they don't have anything for AMD laptops. Go figure. Not sure what is the disconnect on not wanting to cover info for them, even if its on progress eveolution
Screenshot 2023-12-18 at 1.33.07 AM.png

Jo-Toku

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
View attachment 12916

Lol, tell that to those with the Legion 5 :ROFLMAO:, is not.

Im still having problems installing passed Mojave on one of my AMD laptops with a dedicated Vega GPU. They are not the same. Motherboards from different manufacture may lock aspect of their chipset.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.