Cannot boot anymore (maybe after an update)

Marcyvee

AMD OS X Member
Hi guys.
I've installed some years ago Catalina on a Samsung ssd. Through the years I've update it to big sur and probably to monterey with its ota.
Recently, I add a new ssd with batocera (a Linux distro for retrogaming). I can boot it from OC, as well as windows 11 on another nvme ssd.
When I do that, i probably messed up something, because if I try to boot the disk with macos, I get a boot loop and the system restart with the attached screen. 1000026393.jpg
So, I decide to update OC and make the config.plist again but macos still cannot boot.
The screen I've posted above doesn't show anymore. Other os boots without any problem. With the new efi I can boot the big sur installer, but it stucks with monterey and ventura. I haven't tried sonoma.

I also cannot boot to recovery, but i can boot disk utility from the big sur installer.

I took a look at the troubleshooting but I can't recognize my problem, even if I'm pretty sure that I messed up with the efis on all disks. Maybe i have to fix it from windows... I don't know.

I don't know what to try. I've posted some logs. They SHOULD be:
when I tried to boot the installed system; where I tried to boot ventura installer;
when I booted big sur installer;
when i boot windows.
Any suggestion? Reinstall ventura wiping the previous installation is not a problem, but i need to boot the installer.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4.2 MB · Views: 2
  • inst-opencore-2024-01-22-213813.txt
    76.6 KB · Views: 0
  • b-s-opencore-2024-01-22-215713.txt
    256 KB · Views: 0
  • win-opencore-2024-01-22-214151.txt
    35.7 KB · Views: 0
  • cat-opencore-2024-01-22-214101.txt
    53.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

svan71

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Give this a shot

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    5.9 MB · Views: 7

Marcyvee

AMD OS X Member
I'm at work now, I have to wait.
What did you change? I saw you add opencanopy for the gui. Thanks(y)

EDIT: It doesn't work.
Anyway, I've installed BigSur over the previous installation. It boots and works flawlessly with the EFI I've done. Now, I don't know if update it to Sonoma 14.3 because I saw that AMD patches are still in development for that version.
Another problem is that I lost the entry for windows. From OC and even from the bios.

Last edited:

Marcyvee

AMD OS X Member
I've ota updated to sonoma and now o cannot boot again. That's what happen 1000027590.jpg
C00F ACST and _CST evaluation failed!
_CTS did not return a package

Marcyvee

AMD OS X Member
Solved. I was missing AppleMCEReporterDisabler.kext.
Now I've installed to the last sonoma without any problem.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.